Close
Gig Goer
Nicfur
Accepted Solution

How to import local Music to spotify ?

Hello,

I have songs on my PC that are not on spotify servers.

But, i wish to listen them elsewhere. for exemple, on my PC at work.

I saw that's possible to import tracks from personnal libraries, as shown here:

http://www.spotify.com/fr/about/local-music/

But at home i do not see the button "import music"...

how to do ?

Gold Streaming Artist
hpguru

Re: How to import local Music to spotify ?

Hey!

Go to Edit - Preferences.

Many screenshots very old in Spotify.com.

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Gig Goer
Nicfur

Hello

Thanks.

But i thing that is not that i want to do...

Is it possible to upload songs to Spotify servers, if there songs are not on those servers ?

I would like to listen at work somes songs who are on my home PC , and not on Spotify servers...

(Like Google Music, grooveshark, ...)

Gold Streaming Artist
hpguru

No. But you can use a Dropbox for this.

http://pansentient.com/2011/11/how-to-hear-your-local-music-anywhere-with-spotify-and-dropbox/
Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Gig Goer
Nicfur

Nice !!!

Thank you for this tips ! ;)

Music Fan
EOlson

Click the local files list, under collection.   Then simply drag and drop what files you want access to.

Music Fan
eckora

if i import a song on spotyfy is it available to eryone

i was just curious if i add the local files if then it becaomes avaiable to everyone or how does some who looks at my play list see the songs i have as local files are they just invisable and they cant hear them

Peter
Kudos: 9,344
Solutions: 2,587

Re: if i import a song on spotyfy is it available to eryone

eckora wrote:

i was just curious if i add the local files if then it becaomes avaiable to everyone or how does some who looks at my play list see the songs i have as local files are they just invisable and they cant hear them

If the track you have added can be linked to a track in the Spotify catalogue, then anyone looking at your playlist will see the linked song, otherwise it will be unplayable outside your computer. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Unavailable 28th March-1st April + 5th-19th April. If you require help during this time, please do not contact me directly.
Spotify Last.FM Community PM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Gig Goer
bouncedancer

Looks like Spotify pretty much automatically imports music, at least from your Music and iTunes folders:

http://http://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/guides/#/article/Listen-to-local-files/?in=search

Gig Goer
fullmetalheart

What about .ogg files?  My entire music library (with only a couple exceptions) is on .ogg format.  I can see some music a friend uploaded to my music folder (she used .mp3), but not the music I just put in there (.ogg).  Just wondering.

Announcements
Win free Premium
We're fans of music around here. And amazing animated GIFs.
So, for our next competition we're combining the two.

Join our new contest here.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.