Concert Regular
flotheking
Accepted Solution

How to prevent Spotify to post on my Newsfeed in Facebook (and in Newsfeed only)

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if it's possible to block Spotify from posting on the News Feed in Facebook.
The ticker is fine but it's spamming my friends a bit when on the News Feed / Homepage.
I don't mind Spotify posting elsewhere but News Feed might annoy my friends.

Thanks,

Music Fan
Spajd1446

Re: How to prevent Spotify to post on my Newsfeed in Facebook (and in Newsfeed only)

I agree. People dont need to know what music your listening to

Spotify
David

Re: How to prevent Spotify to post on my Newsfeed in Facebook (and in Newsfeed only)

[ Edited ]

Hello.

Welcome to the Community.

Whether you created your account through Facebook, or your Facebook account is connected to Spotify, you have full control over what you share on Facebook. You have a few options in both Spotify and Facebook to choose what exactly what you share.

In Spotify, there is an option called "Private Session". Click on your name over in the top right hand corner, and select Private Session. This will stop sharing any tracks on Facebook and last.fm you play over that point. 

This option is only designed for temporary use, so if you're looking for something a little more permanent, we've included that too. In the Preferences menu (Edit > Preferences on Windows, or Spotify > Preferences on a Mac), we have an option called "Show what I listen to on Facebook", under the Activity Sharing tab. Uncheck this, and the tracks you play in Spotify will not be sent to Facebook.

Over on Facebook, you can also change the privacy of such posts to ensure they only show up for you. Pop over to Facebook, click on "Account Settings" > Apps > Spotify > Edit, then next to the "Post on your behalf", select "Only Me" on the drop down menu. This will mean any posts relating to Spotify made from the application will only be visible to you. However, this also applies to any tracks you share, too, so keep this in mind when using this setting. 

Hope this helps! 
-----
Spotify
Concert Regular
flotheking

OK, thanks, but I knew that already.
Actually, I'd like Spotify to post on my profile, in the music/spotify tab, this is perfectly fine.
But Spotify shouldn't be able to post on the homepage.
I mean that my friends should be able to know what i'm listening to, for example in the ticker or on my profile, or on Spotify social.
But sometimes, my Spotify songs are going on the homepage/newsfeed, and then everybody can see it.
But there's no way to prevent that from happening..
Thanks though!

Music Fan
YellowSwan

I've got the same issue. Has there been any improvement about this throughout these months?

Music Fan
Fofer

I uncheck "Show what I listen to on Facebook" under the Activity Sharing tab, and yet, every time I relaunch the application, I go back to those prefs and see it has been re-checked (ie: enabled) again.  WTF?

Fix this!  It's maddening.  I will cancel my subscription over this if you can't (or won't) fix this.  Sheesh.

Music Fan
n8love

Right. I would like my spotify activity to aggregate on the music/spotify tab-- especially starred songs and shared playlists -- but not at the expense of having EVERY song I listen to posted in my timeline! I know for a fact that that kind of constant posting annoys people. Couldn't we have some options like posting only starred songs or whatever?
Music Lover
Afrina

n8love wrote:
Right. I would like my spotify activity to aggregate on the music/spotify tab-- especially starred songs and shared playlists -- but not at the expense of having EVERY song I listen to posted in my timeline! I know for a fact that that kind of constant posting annoys people. Couldn't we have some options like posting only starred songs or whatever?

I know it's an old thread, but is there still no solution for that? I want exactly the same what n8love mentioned.

Only show the song I'm listening to in the "Recent Activity" ticker or in the music group, but not annoy all my friends with posting it to their newsfeed :-(

Please help

Peter
Kudos: 11,168
Solutions: 3,119

Facebook have announced they are making changes to stop so called "automated" spam:
http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/web/facebook-cuts-down-on-spotify-and-instagram-auto-shared-s...

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
Afrina

Thx Peter

But what I don't understand is, the songs never appeared on my own Timeline, I mean when I check my profile, there was never a post of the songs I was listening to, but then I've seen on the computer of a friend of mine, that she got all my songs in her newsfeed!!!

I always thought friends can only see in their newsfeed what I'm or an app is posting ON MY timeline. Hope you understand what I mean ;-)

So is that just a normal FB behaiviour or is it a Spotify problem?

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.