Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to recover my deleted songs (not playlists) ?

How to recover my deleted songs (not playlists) ?

Hi,

Yesterday, I accidently deleted all my songs in the section "YOUR MUSIC".

Is there a solution to recover all my songs please 😞 ?

Thank you for your help.

10 Replies

Quickest way to get them restored is to get in touch with Spotify support via Twitter: @SpotifyCares.

You can also get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That's what I did Peter. I received an answer this morning and they say they can't do anything. They can recover the playlists and the starred at least. I lost all my favorite songs now 😞 I have only one option : restart to add my songs ... Thank you anyway for your help.

Man that is annoying! 😞

Thanks for letting me know.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Control-z does not work either.

same things happened me, control a, and delete. They said it cant be recovered... and control z doesnt work either

same happened here. pretty stupid since this would be easy to implement. 

There is a History section in Spotify itself. Click on "Play Queue" in the left navigation. Then, at the top of the queue you should see two tabs - "Play Queue" and "History".

LSR305XONAR: Unfortunately the play history feature doesn't seem to exist in the web client. And the history is not shared between devices.

I was able to use the History feature to solve my problem! I accidently deleted a song that I added from my Discover playlist and couldn't remeber what it was called and it wasn't showing up in my recently played section, but it was in my history section. Thanks for the tip! 

Hi,

I accidently deleted all my songs from the Songs section. I can't recover them, but when I checked my local drive, I noticed there are a bunch of files in this location: c:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Spotify\Data\.. Their size are huge >10GB. Maybe these files are the locally stored songs? Could someone confirm that? If these files are my "deleted songs", how can I restore them?

Thanks!

Suggested posts