Gig Goer
ProfileX

How to use Spotify as an alarm clock

I use Winamp as my alarm clock, a custom script runs as a scheduled task that randomly chooses from a list of playlist files, some point to local music and some point to internet radio stations.

Is it possible to get Spotify to automatically play music so I can add that to my script?  I tried using the "spotify:user:username:playlist:..." and "http" links but the playlist just loads, the music doesn't start playing automatically.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Music Fan
ElephantJamboré

Re: How to use Spotify as an alarm clock

Hey

I'm not sure if you found a fix for this but this is what i've been doing:

Copy the URI link for a song in the playlist you wish to have as your alarm

open up a web browser (IE, Firefox etc.)
go into options and set the URI as the home page - this way every time you open the browser it will play this song, in that playlist
Go to control panel > Administrative tools > task scheduler
Create a new task to open your web browser at the time you want to wake up

Presto!

I did find however that spotify may need to stay open as sometimes it craps out and says "TRACK NOT FOUND".

Good luck!  And let me know how you get on!

Elephant Jamboree

Music Fan
dharmapunk

Create a task scheduler basic task to launch IE with the argument variable set as the HTTP link for the playlist which you wish to wake to. 

Seems to work when I start the task manually on Win8, we'll see if I wake to it at 7:30.

Music Fan
MadBluffer

Create a .bat file on your computer, like spotify.bat. Enter the following lines:

START C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\spotify.exe
ping 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 10000 > nul
START C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\spotify.exe spotify:track:76DiZTSFs57PhznesB6RIu

Edit the path to your spotify installation.

For me, running spotify with a track immediately does not always start the music, which could have dire concequences. For that reason, I first run spotify , allowing it to initiate for 10 seconds, then I start the track.

Hope this helps someone.

Music Fan
sweking

Man, your a boss!

Please, tell me some more commands.. For example how do I pause / play? Next track?

Rising Star
GGGgGGGgrowlMan

This is super cool, I have to force myself to get up every day so I will try this. also I love writing computer code so coding+awesome music? I'm happy I found this.

"I will slay you, Vandheer Lorde!"

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.