Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
Tashds

Re: I can't login and use Spotify.

[ Edited ]

I also cannot log in. After the "Welcome" window, Spotify says that an error has ocurred,  and that my passw and usern are incorrect. I checked 'em on Facebook, everything works there, but not on Spoty. 

:(

Music Fan
xchaser

I can't log in it tells me that my country does not match the one set in my profile. I have it set to Puerto Rico / USA in both. It worked fine in my free 30 days.

Music Fan
tncoult

I can't either and I've done everything suggested (removed from firewall exceptions, uninstalled then reinstalled, then its back on the eceptions list) and still, same problem. Error code 101. I've been a happy premium member until now, this all fo the sudden happened on my main computer.

Music Fan
Baraka

I'm having the same problem. Can't log in because Spotify won't recognize u.n. and p.w. I've checked my firewall, uninstall, reinstall, but the problem persists. I have my Spotify account linked to Facebook, which is something I would like to cancel but don't know how.

The thing is when I launch Spotify it asks me to enter u.n. and p.w. from Facebook. Then it goes on another page where it asks if I want to show on Facebook the songs I listen to and to log in (again?!). So, I enter the same u.n. and p.w. and all of a sudden it doesn't recognize either of them. I've tried changing passwords in Spotify and Facebook to no avail.

I'd appreciate some help. Thanks.

Music Fan
JenA

Won't recognize facebook credentials. Cannot login.

jdriller@gmail.com

Concert VIP
beuller43

I also cannot login using my facebook account

I CAN sign in using my facebook account on the website, but I CANNOT sign in on the app

please help!

Concert VIP
beuller43

Concert Regular
CobraHawking

I am recieving the 101 message as well.

Community Manager
Meredith

Hey everyone! So there are a number of issues going on in this thread--we'll have to take them one at a time. 

bertjan66, tncoult, baraka- Your account is fine on our end. Please be sure you're signing in with your Spotify username (not your email address).

If you're still having trouble, could you let us know what operating system/ Spotify version you're using. 

tashds & JenA- Exactly which error code/ message are you receiving? Since you opened your account via Facebook you'll need to use your Facebook email and password to log in. 

If you want to try resetting your password you'll to do that from the Facebook website. 

xchaser- Are you currently in Puerto Rico? Spotify isn't currently available in U.S. territories due to licensing restrictions.

However, if you were to sign up for a Spotify Premium subscription within one of the 50 states, you'd be able to use Spotify while traveling to a territory. You can find more information on this right here.

CobraHawking- Your account is also fine on our end. Have you also made sure that Spotify is an exception for all firewalls and done a clean reinstall? You can find more information on those steps right here

--------
Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

Want the chance to WIN a Spotify gym bag and water bottle? Just enter our contest here.
Music Fan
mrmelonhead

Hi,

Whenever I try to login I get the error code 101 and so i've tried allowing spotify through my firewall but when I try to do that (because i tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify) its not on the list of programs that i can let through.

Anybody got any ideas?

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.