Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't search for my own Spotify Playlists! (Mac)

Solved!

I can't search for my own Spotify Playlists! (Mac)

Hello,

I know there is another thread open about this, but I'm opening a new one because this is a VERY BIG ISSUE: WE CAN'T SEARCH FOR OUR OWN PLAYLISTS ANY MORE SINCE THE LAST UPDATE! SPOTIFY IS BASED ON PLAYLISTS, SO TAKING AWAY THE SEARCH FEATURE FOR YOUR OWN PLAYLISTS MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!

I also know that Spotify Staff has already stated that this feature will be included again in a future version, but when will that be? It's been more than a month without one of Spotify's most important features...

Thanks,

Roberto

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

FIXED! Now I regret opening different threads... 😞

But overall... 🙂

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I don't think we have had anymore versions released since that update. Hopefully sometime soon it is annoying!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

FIXED! Now I regret opening different threads... 😞

But overall... 🙂

This problem has not been fixed for me... Can't search for my playlists at all..

Weird, what app are you using? It definitely should work in the current desktop release. Searching for my playlists gives them as top results in the search suggestion drop down as well as being the first results on the main search page.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter, 

I just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing.  Becasue I have rather ecletic tastes, I sometimes want to search all of my personal playlists (not published, I think) at one time.  I suppose this could be referred to as searching my library of playlists.  For example, I might hear a song I would like to have in my libary. But if I already have it in one of my playlists, I do not want to duplicate it.  So I want to search my library to see if it is in one of my playlists.  

This would seem to be a basic function, but I do not see it anywhere.  I have tried the Search and the Filter functions which are too broad (all of Spotify offerings) and too narrow (one playlist at a time), respectively.  Is there a good solution to this?

Cheers, 

K

I have the issue. 

This was a great feature, I hope that soon we can have it again.

Regards.

Leman

Are the Spotify guys periodically removing this tool just to see the response of the users?

I used to press ctrl+F in one of my playlists and a seach bar would come up and I would seach for a song in MY PLAYLIST. Why has this been removed?

Pana

Yes! It seems last desktop release break at least two very important features :

- unable to search within a playlist (cmd + F),
- on the "local files" the column "Date Added" has been deleted! Making it almost impossible to find a recently added music!

Please bring back these two important essential core features!

Just updated Spotify and I was surprised to see that the search functionality is back!

Thanks! Keep up the good work!

Pana

I am having the same difficulty. I have not "search" tool bar option to find anything. I had made a playlist and now I can't even find it because there is nothing available for me to use. I am not using my phone; I am using my home pc.

It seems like this is still not working on the desktop Mac version (1.0.77.338.g758ebd78). The filter function (CMD f) does nothing (the menu option doesn't also). Is this a professional version feature only?

-Joe

Suggested posts