Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keyboard track fwd/rev keys not working on mac with non-apple keyboards

Solved!

Keyboard track fwd/rev keys not working on mac with non-apple keyboards

I have a Logitech K750 solar keyboard and the keys work fine with iTunes, but not Spotify. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Btw, I was able to get it working with an app called Karabiner .  Enabling "Enable PC Prev/Next Media Keys"  did the trick.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hmm, trying to think of why it would be different.  I am running 10.10.2, Karabiner 10.6.0, and Spotify 0.9.15.27.

I did notice that quitting Karabiner seemed to break things, but leaving it running and just closing the window worked fine.

In System Preferences - Keyboard, I have "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard" unchecked.  The keyboard is set as a U.S. keyboard.  And yes, it's a 750.

Edit: Enabled Karabiner in System Preferences - Security & Privacy - Privacy - Notifications

Here's a screenshot.  Hopefully something in this post helps you

Screen Shot 2015-02-18 at 9.07.06 PM.png

View solution in original post

10 Replies

I've had several kudos on this post over the last year, indicating that I'm not alone in this problem. Please leave a comment to let Spotify know!

Same.  Just purchased one of them and the function keys work in everything else (including VLC and iTunes) but not Spotify.  Sigh.

I had this problem ~2 years ago.  The keyboard later broke.. I bought a new one this week, figuring somebody would have fixed the problem by now.

No such luck.

Marked as solution

Btw, I was able to get it working with an app called Karabiner .  Enabling "Enable PC Prev/Next Media Keys"  did the trick.

While this isn't really a great solution, it is a solution. Thank you so much for posting it. I didn't know about this app! I just remapped using it and its working great now. Thanks again!

Can you please post screen shots of how you did this?  I tried but with no success... when I check that option it actually makes the play button NOT work along with the other medis buttons... I still can't get the forward or reverse buttons to map correctly with my Logitech K750 😞

Marked as solution

Hmm, trying to think of why it would be different.  I am running 10.10.2, Karabiner 10.6.0, and Spotify 0.9.15.27.

I did notice that quitting Karabiner seemed to break things, but leaving it running and just closing the window worked fine.

In System Preferences - Keyboard, I have "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard" unchecked.  The keyboard is set as a U.S. keyboard.  And yes, it's a 750.

Edit: Enabled Karabiner in System Preferences - Security & Privacy - Privacy - Notifications

Here's a screenshot.  Hopefully something in this post helps you

Screen Shot 2015-02-18 at 9.07.06 PM.png

Thank you!! This did it for me! I guess I was checking off the wrong option. I had it working with the 'fn' key, but this works exactly the way I wanted it to.

Awesome! Thank you for reply. I'm glad this helped both of you

I know this is an old problem and people have solved it with key remapping, but I personally hate that solution (it shouldn't have to be so complex).

At any rate, I discovered that combining Alt/Option + <Next> (and <Back>) works as expected. I don't mind the additional Alt/Option keypress... 

Suggested posts