Festival VIP
StefanoRadice

Re: [Linux] Radio problem

Hello, any news on this one? BTW: I have the same problem on 12.04 64bit...

Concert Regular
DomoSokrat

Thanks to a post by asgeir82 I found a work around: Using

env LC_NUMERIC=en_US.utf8 spotify

to start works for me. Apparently the radio uses some locale aware number parsing.

Festival VIP
StefanoRadice

Yes it works! whould have guessed it? Thanks a million!

Peter
Kudos: 11,184
Solutions: 3,123

I'll make sure that working as a fix gets reported to the linux team ;) 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Festival VIP
StefanoRadice

It is clear now why some users could not reproduce the problem, being it related to locales configuration

Concert Regular
Rulqu

Thank you for this. Only problem is that this is only a temporary fix.

I'm not happy that I need to configure my locales to something I don't use to make Spotify work. This should be fixed by Spotify, not the user.

Festival VIP
StefanoRadice

Rulqu, whereas I'm not a Spotify employee but just a customer using Linux like you, we all should remember that we are running an UNSUPPORTED version of the client that some of the Spotify guys maintain in their spare time. That said, nobody is stating this is the ultimate solution, but it's a simple workaround that fixes the issue until those same guys who work in their spare time will release a new version, so you should actually be happy that there is a fix and that somebody is working extra hours for you instead of complaining. If I were the one maintaining an unsupported client in my spare time, comments like yours would probably make me think that next Sunday I'd better have a BBQ instead of fixing a locales issue :-)

Gig Goer
alastrina

[ Edited ]

DomoSokrat's solution works well but I found another bug. When I listen to a radio and put track into queue, it starts when current track from radio ends. But when queue track ends and another radio track is playing, cover on radio doesn't change (it's still showing cover of radio track that I was listening to before my queue track - even "Like" and "Dislike" buttons are from "older" track and I can't vote for current track). It goes back to normal, with another radio track play.

Peter
Kudos: 11,184
Solutions: 3,123

alastrina wrote:

DomoSokrat's solution works well but I found another bug. When I listen to a radio and put track into queue, it starts when current track from radio ends. But when queue track ends and another radio track is playing, cover on radio doesn't change (it's still showing cover of radio track that I was listening to before my queue track - even "Like" and "Dislike" buttons are from "older" track and I can't vote for current track). It goes back to normal, with another radio track play.

I have a feeling this is related to another known bug (which has been reported in the super users area from the community). If you pause a radio station, and then press the skip button the next track plays but the cover does not change too. The original bug report for that issue is here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Gig Goer
alastrina

Actually, when I press [pause and] "next track" button, it plays "next" radio track (the same one, wich was playing after my queue track ends) and I can "skip" this bug. But it's uncomfortable, when song is played for 50% of its time and I want to click "Like it" button, I must play it once again to do this.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.