Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert Regular
sheepdean
Accepted Solution

Maximum songs on playlists?

I recently hit a "too many songs on playlist" warning (~9,600 tracks on it), what is the exact maximum number of songs I can have on a playlist? And is that inclusive of offline tracks? The playlist is not offline and not collaborative.

Spotify
David
For your Spotifyes only
Name:
Department:
About me:

Re: Maximum songs on playlists?

Generally the number is about 10,000 tracks per playlist.
-----
Spotify
Concert Regular
sheepdean

So why have I been maxed out at a few hundred below that? Is there a maximum length of a playlist that I may be hitting? Spotify tells me it's about 3 weeks long,

Spotify
David
For your Spotifyes only
Name:
Department:
About me:

Do you have any exceptionally long tracks? DJ mixes, so on?
-----
Spotify
Concert Regular
sheepdean

I have a few prog rock tracks that stretch into the 20 minute mark, and one 40 minute one. Could this be the issue?
Festival Fanatic
RossPatzelt

This really bugs me as I am making a music archive of songs that got in the top 100 uk singes chart and have now reached the 10k limit per playlist and have now had to make a 2nd one which is a bit annoying. Anyway to make it more per playlist please thanks

Peter
Kudos: 11,598
Solutions: 3,212

RossPatzelt wrote:

This really bugs me as I am making a music archive of songs that got in the top 100 uk singes chart and have now reached the 10k limit per playlist and have now had to make a 2nd one which is a bit annoying. Anyway to make it more per playlist please thanks

There is no way to do this I am afraid in the current Spotify set up.

The 10k track limit per playlist is "probably" for your own good really, since if you tried to open a larger playlist on say a mobile device or a slow computer it would probably lock up the application trying to load all of that data! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Festival Fanatic
RossPatzelt

it loads up fine on my nokia n85 app.

Award Winning Artist
hpguru

Yes please Unlimited playlists.
Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 50M/25M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Garage Band
1houndgal

I keep my huge playlists intact but create new playlists as subfolders. I then sort into subfolders of main list alphabetically by track title. Folders and subfolders can really help organize a big library.

For example...

As I now organize things  Id have 5 lists

Big List Of Blues 8000 tracks

A-F Big List Of Blues  2000 traxcks

G-L Big List Of Blues  2000 tracks

M-R Big List Of Blues 2000 tracks

S-X Big List Of Blues tracks 2000 tracks

Now I have the option of loading up all 8000 or just a fraction. (faster and easier to download.)

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.