Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Roadie
Mickey
Accepted Solution

Maximum volume too low

The maximum volume is too low when using the Windows Client. Any solution? Turning the Windows master volume up or the speaker/amp volume is no solution for me. Every other app, web-based, ... is fine regarding the volume. 

When I am in the 1/3 part of the volume slider I can barely hear anything.

Spotify
David

Re: Maximum volume too low

The volume normaliser may be causing this issue here. Head over to the preferences menu (Edit > Preferences), scroll down to the "Playback" tab and uncheck "Set the same volume level for all tracks". You might get an increase in volume for some tracks.
-----
Spotify
Roadie
Mickey

Thanks! That helped a little. However, I have to find a better solution... Still not good enough :(

Music Lover
Mogres

Try opening up your Volume Mixer and move the one for Spotify... I simply clicked on it and before I could move the cursor the volume blasted me and was fixed right away.

Roadie
Mickey

With the volume mixer you can only lower the sound for a specific app. The maximum sound is always the general maximum sound. Or am I missing something?

Music Fan
xFaded

I found this cool add on for spotify called equalify that adds a equalizer to spotify were you can boost the bass and the highs it also lets you adjust the preamp. It sounds like it would solve your problems.
-link
http://www.equalify.me/
Hope I helped (;

Gig Goer
pprasek

Ummm, didn't say it solved it. Just +1 that I'm having the same issue. Seriously, this can't be that hard to fix!

Music Fan
Bitassassin

[ Edited ]

That equalizer and one other thing:

1.  Right Click the Volume Button
  2.  Click 'Playback Devices'
  3.  Right Click your output
  4.  Click 'Properties'
  5.  Click the 'Advanced' tab
  6.  Set your sound quality to the absolute maximum your computer can handle

Mine is 24-bit, 96khz.

After that, make sure all enhancements are off and set the equalizer, which shows up next to the search bar after you start playing music, to the default preset 'loudness' and enjoy feeling your eardrums melt. Hit the limiter and it will do its best to keep distortion at bay.

I achieved a 60% increase in apparent output doing this, and I wish everyone else luck as well.

-Bit

Music Fan
Hx01

The volume mixer did the trick for me, I didn't even move the spotify slider, just clicked on it, and volume boosted immediately. There must be some sort of a bug that causes this.

Axy
Music Fan
Axy

That actually worked

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.