Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
Daemr0n
Accepted Solution

Minimize Spotify in system tray Windows 7 x64

Well... I'm dissapointed now. Why in the world you removed the option to minimize Spotify in system tray? Now it's just wasting space in my taskbar. Bring this option back ASAP!

Peter
Kudos: 11,630
Solutions: 3,216

Re: Minimize Spotify in system tray Windows 7 x64

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

I am on the most recent client version (v0.8.8) on Windows 7 x64 and I still have this option.

You just need to activate it by right clicking on the Spotify icon in the system tray and selecting the correct option for you.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
Daemr0n

[ Edited ]

darn, seems that my Spotify isn't updating automatically. But that fixed the problem. Though should the option be in the settings box in the program window.

EDIT: Kudos and many thanks to you, Sir.

Music Fan
flyinpancake

Perfect answer- this needs to come up first on google.

Music Lover
501st_alpha1

This post did show up first in my search results, even though I mistakenly typed "taskbar" instead of "system tray." It works for me, much appreciated! I too wish there was an option in the settings page to make the minimize button do this.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.