We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.Learn more here

Close
Music Lover
nichyneato
Accepted Solution

Music available on mobile app but not on desktop version.

I noticed on my phone and iPad that an album is available through the mobile app but not through the Windows desktop version. I even added songs to a playlist while on the mobile version, and when I went to listen to them on the desktop one, it doesn't find the tracks..

Gold Streaming Artist
hpguru

Re: Music available on mobile app but not on desktop version.

Hey, and welcome to the Community.

This should work, just clear Spotify cache. You can find cache path by going to Edit - Preferences. Delete the whole cache folder.

Cheers.

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Music Lover
nichyneato

Nice, that worked! Thanks!

Gold Streaming Artist
hpguru

Nice! Happy listening with Spotify. Hope you like it.

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Garage Band
EarlPurple

I am having the issue the other way. 3 of the tracks I have on my desktop app are coming up as not available in my location on my mobile (but I can still play them on my desktop).

Gold Streaming Artist
hpguru

Just delete cache in mobile. Simple! If this does not work, re-install may help.

Festival Fanatic
Boses

[ Edited ]

How to do you clear the cache on the mobile? I've checked all of the settings, but i don't see anything about the cache. I've already deleted and reinstalled the app. I am not having any results. The album is Toh Kay's "The Hand That Thieves" It shows up on my desktop and is added to my starred playlist on my pc, but the songs from the album will not sync to my mobile starred playlist. I own the songs and they won't even sync to my mobile. Any pointers?

Peter
Kudos: 9,488
Solutions: 2,636

Boses wrote:

How to do you clear the cache on the mobile? I've checked all of the settings, but i don't see anything about the cache. I've already deleted and reinstalled the app. I am not having any results. The album is Toh Kay's "The Hand That Thieves" It shows up on my desktop and is added to my starred playlist on my pc, but the songs from the album will not sync to my mobile starred playlist. I own the songs and they won't even sync to my mobile. Any pointers?

Are you following the instructions here to sync those files across? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Community PM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Festival VIP
joshy45

so, i followed the directions posted here, turned off mobile version, cleared the cache from my chromebook, but still no web player access on my laptop,  the player just shows an icon spinning for hours, still      premium user, but not if i can't use laptop web player anymore..

also deleted extension and re-installed it(thought this MS solution was a thing of the past!), but still no web player...

Peter
Kudos: 9,488
Solutions: 2,636

Hey @joshy45 :)

Are you still having issues with this?

Can you try running in an incognito window and see if that works? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Community PM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements
Win free Premium
This contest is now closed. The winners will be posted here very soon.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.