Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
kwandrews

Music gets soft and then loud??

When using the Spotify desktop version on OS 10.7.3 (started with 10.6), when playing music (streaming or local), the sound level will drop significantly.  I will guess about 60-70% and then a few minutes later will return to where it was and sometimes even louder!  

I've ruled out network issues, especially as it does this with local music.  I've unistalled the app and reinstalled.  I do not have this issue with any other apps that utilize audio.  It has pretty much made the app useless on my Mac. It works flawlessly on my iOS devices :-) I have also tried toggling the "set the same volume level for all tracks" off and on with no change in behavior.

Has anyone had this problem?

Gig Goer
asis47

Re: Music gets soft and then loud??

YES me too. Sound level drop then rises on some songs. Not all. (Some songs have really low sound throughout entire track).

I have gone back to revsit problem tracks to see if anything changed. and its the same. I suspect it is the actual file at spotify NOT in the system of user. This has only started to happen lately within past week. (March 13)

There seems to be no way to tell them to test the problem tracks.

I am using a desktop (not laptop) mac using OS 10.6.8 with Spotify 8.8.5

Peter
Kudos: 12,492
Solutions: 3,431
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Music gets soft and then loud??

asis47 wrote:

YES me too. Sound level drop then rises on some songs. Not all. (Some songs have really low sound throughout entire track).

I have gone back to revsit problem tracks to see if anything changed. and its the same. I suspect it is the actual file at spotify NOT in the system of user. This has only started to happen lately within past week. (March 13)

There seems to be no way to tell them to test the problem tracks.

I am using a desktop (not laptop) mac using OS 10.6.8 with Spotify 8.8.5

Hey :) 

If you believe there is an issue with any Spotify content, you can report it directly to the content team by following the steps outlined in this post and they will investigate further. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements
Happy Halloween

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.