Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Festival Fanatic
MrsGeolino

New Release 0.9.8 How can i star tracks?

I'm no longer able to star titles, and i really miss that option. Is it gone and if why?

And what means '+' 'x' and the check symbol next to a Title?

I like the new look, but the black/grey thing is a little bit illegible.

Joe

Re: New Release 0.9.8 How can i star tracks?

The starred playlist is treated more like all your other playlists and you can still add track to it with drag and drop or from the "add to playist" pop-up menu. Unless you are synching music to another device which doesn't yet have Your Music, you may find that you don't need the starred playlist any more.

Selcting the check mark (save) adds the track to Your Music and you will find it listed under each of the sections. You can also save whole albums to Your Music(YM) in the same way so album playlists could be a thing of the past.

When music is in YM it displays with a check mark and hovering over that display the X which will remove it from YM.

Best thing is to pay with everything and see what works best for you.

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Festival Fanatic
MrsGeolino

thank you for your fast answer.

So if i get it right, i have a problem when i have a Windows Phone 8 an no New Release i can no longer sync my music? That would really be unpleasent. Is there a date for a WinPhone update, or do i have to find a workaround and yes that would be too unpleasent.

I somehow get a bad feeling for paying this and getting less... And i actually really loved this star thing, it was fast and i didn't had to look up in which playlist i want to drag and drop this music.

oh and yes it was much more clear which songs i already had starred and which not (the gray and black thingy)

Joe

Windows phone updates are coming in the spring according to a recent announcement. As I indicated, if you use a device on which you don't have Your Music yet then you can carry on using playlists, including the starred playlist as before. The only difference is that you can't just click on a star anywhere but the functionality is still there.

You're actually getting a lot more than you had before, for the same money as you will discover, the more you use Your Music on the desktop. It's a much saner way of accessing your music collection than a playlist-based system :)

Joe

Band Member
Rollo_

Re: New Release 0.9.8 How can I star tracks?

Please don't tell me they are planning on phasing out playlists and folders.  I have a ton of work into mine, I like it the way it is now much better, and as far as I'm concerned, playlists and folders are much more versatile that YM.

YM needs the abilty to tag.  Then we might be able to talk about replacing playlists.

If this post was helpful, please click the green "+" button below

Read my take on YourMusic HERE.

If you like the Starred list and its ease of use, and would like to see its return, please support by adding Kudos and comments HERE

If you'd like a lean and fast Spotify desktop, without all the default apps slowing things down, please support my idea thread to opt out of them by adding an option to turn them off and on in Preferences. Staff has shown interest in this idea. Click the "Kudos" button and add your comments   HERE

Joe

I haven't seen anything about that Rollo.

Joe

Concert Regular
JonasN

They just posted on Facebook (their Swedish page) that they're absolutely not about to remove playlists and that it sounded like a horrible thought.

Peter
Kudos: 12,833
Solutions: 3,504

Yes I asked for clarification of this a while back and the clear answer was playlists and collection (as it was known at the time) will co-exist for the foreseeable future.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Band Member
Rollo_

Had me worried there for a moment.

If this post was helpful, please click the green "+" button below

Read my take on YourMusic HERE.

If you like the Starred list and its ease of use, and would like to see its return, please support by adding Kudos and comments HERE

If you'd like a lean and fast Spotify desktop, without all the default apps slowing things down, please support my idea thread to opt out of them by adding an option to turn them off and on in Preferences. Staff has shown interest in this idea. Click the "Kudos" button and add your comments   HERE

Festival Fanatic
MrsGeolino

It would have been nice, to remove the stars after all plattforms got a new update.

Now i can't sync my win8 phone and have to wait AND hope that a update will really come.

Not really a good choice of the designers.

Announcements
Rock Star Program
Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.