Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Releases Playlist Not Updating

New Releases Playlist Not Updating

The official "New Releases on Spotify" playlist (link: New Releases on Spotify - US) has been one of my favorite features of the program. I use it every week to see all the new tracks and albums added. Unlike every prior week, the playlist was not updated this Tuesday. I tweeted @SpotifyCares, and they replied "I think we upload too many to put them in one place, but New Releases in Browse is a great place to start 🙂 /S." This seems unlikely, considering the list frequently has releases from the last two weeks. Furthermore, I've seen playlists with near 2,000 songs on them (the New Releases playlist has under 500), making this assertion by @SpotifyCares very dubious.

To make matters worse, my copy of the list today was replaced by a list called "New Music Tueday" (link: New Music Tuesday), which only includes tracks selected by Spotify. This is obviously not the same.

Is this issue being looked into? Was the lack of update this week just a blip? The answer from @SpotifyCares on Twitter was clearly wrong, so I'd like to know what's really going on.

65 Replies

Just an FYI those lists change all the time so when you come across one you like, a good idea is for you to use the select all feature while in those playlists and drag and drop all the tracks into your own create one just in case it gets lost, changed, removed, or whatever.

@luciantenebrae wrote:

Just an FYI those lists change all the time so when you come across one you like, a good idea is for you to use the select all feature while in those playlists and drag and drop all the tracks into your own create one just in case it gets lost, changed, removed, or whatever.

That's not the issue. This is a playlist that Spotify itself has been updating with all the new Tuesday releases. They've been doing it for years. The releases from previous weeks get cycled off, which makes sense. And yes, I do save tracks/albums on it that I want to listen to later.

Ok apologizes but I did come across a different playlist labelled NEW RELEASE TUEDAYS by Filtr US with 105 songs on it. Do you want the link?

ME TOO!!!!!! HELP!!! I tried asking spotify on FB too and got no response.  I keep wondering if it's a copyrite thing? PLEASE TELL US what is going on! I live for this playlist and have been going nuts since tuesday! and then yesterday when they changed the playlist....what is going on!?!?!? i found the old one and saved it again, got into work today and saw +99 on it and thought it finally updated but its the same songs from last week!!!!! I feel like i've lost my bff!!!! 😞

New Releases on Spotify - US

this is the playlist in question. Has 441 songs, containing new singles first then followed by full albums.  And keeps 2 weeks current, updating every tuesday am. 🙂

Hum that playlists when I loaded it shows 882 songs when my app open the link? Strange-O.

NM it finally shows the 441 track number now.

Still no updates to the list though. There is no other easy way in the Spotify app to see all new releases. Why would they end this feature? It seems very important.

Does not going to the Browse and then clicking on New Releases does that not help any? Just throwing out ideas to get you back up and running again? And just in case anyone wants it. This is the other NEW RELEASE TUESDAY playlist by Filtr US

I'm bothered by this recent change as well. I relied on this list to see most of the new FULL albums that are released each week. It seems like my link to the list was removed and replaced by some list that only shows singles, which is not what I am looking for. I re-added the old list, but it hasn't been updated in 11 days. 

I've started looking for a solution, and so far this is the only thing I've found that comes close to replicating the old list, though it's UK-based so the availability may not completely match:

This Weeks Releases [spotifynewmusic.com]

Thanks so much for linking this.  It's so bogus that Spotify doesn't have a comprehensive list of new releases anymore.  I'm pretty close to jumping over to Google All Access.  Surely someone there has the ability to look at the entire Spotify library and sort by recently added.  Shift click to select all new stuff and add toa  playlist.  Literally like 10 seconds.  I can't understand why spotify won't provide this. 

BRNG BACK THE NEW RELEASES PLAYLIST!!!

I tweeted to @spotifycares and got a response yesterday but couldn't log in here on my phone for some reason. They said they have pinged the right people and hope to have it updated shortly so hoping there was just a glitch?? Please please! Yes you can browse the new releases but you only see a few there. Not all. So unless you know what you are looking for I don't know of a way. I like discovering things I wouldn't have known about or picked out myself! 🙂 found some awesome bands that way!

Good to hear! I'm glad our clamoring has got their attention.

I haven't heard anything and it's driving me BONKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is the deal?? I wonder if they are having a legal issue with it or something? why won't they just tell us?? they obviously know something because that playlist name was changed... what aren't they telling us??? I can only see about 3 new albums from browse. I keep checking itunes top lists but that isn't as effective either unless they are in the top! Anyone else know somewhere else we can get this information in one spot? I used to use AOL and loved their free cd's updated weekley but when that went away i found this and haven't needed to search elsewhere! Come on Spotify!!!!!

No update again this week? What gives Spotify? This is a key feature for me, and it is very frustrating to see it quietly abandoned.

I thought this was a fluke last week but now that it wasn't updated again I am getting worried. This playlist is one of my favorite things about Spotify. I love Spotify for music discovery and this playlist is part of the reason for that. I like to listen to all the new releases every week but without this playlist I may have to start looking to other outside sources...

SO: I tweeted again to that same tweet from @Spotifycares and this is what i got:

SpotifyCares@SpotifyCares18 mins

ajlane1979 Hey Amanda, you can now get your new music fix with this awesome new playlist: /W

with a link to that new music tuesday list of singles only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to go drown my sorrows in something STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

One thing i was wondering is if under the browse screen, can you make it a list? or something eaiser to browse?? I wonder if there is a legal issue here they don't want to talk about?

If anyone finds some other way let us know please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

It looks like the playlist has been killed 😞

Not exactly the same, but I built this app to help you find new releases on Spotify:

http://app.swarm.fm/

This is serious BS! I also checked this playlist, religiously, for the last 3 years and created several playlists based on it. It hasn't been updated since August 5 and was wiped off my saved playlists and replaced with the crap "new music Tuesdays." I'm gutted and tempted to cancel my premium subscription. f you, Spotify.

Suggested posts