Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gig Goer
no1uknowof

New Spotify update

Hey. After I restart Spotify to update to the new version (15.02.13) it does not start. It simply won`t open. Whatistheproblem?

Music Lover
prettyfox

Re: New Spotify update

I don't have an answer to your problem but I just want to let you know that you're not alone, I got the same issue -.-"

Radio Star
AbsolutelyNoFB

If you want, you can go back to the previous version of the client and keep Spotify from upgrading until all the issues with the new update are ironed out (hopefully in a few months).

There are steps of how to do this on page 12 of this topic (look for the summary posted by BigKev57):

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Horrible-update/td-p/265098

Music Fan
JesusPanda

I've been using Spotify since about, hmm, maybe October last year. It started bugging out like 3 weeks ago so I reinstalled it and got the new update. The white preface is kinda cool, but it's gotta go. I've noticed that the new update has fixed things that were perfectly fine before. What happened to, "If it ain't broke don't fix it."?

-I can no longer sort my playlist by Album, Artist, Song, Length, or year, which appears very unorganized to me.

-I can no longer delete songs that for whatever reason have been taken off of Spotify.

-Everything must be done one song at a time, whether it be adding, playing or deleting. Which is frustrating.

-The 'Drag and Drop' option is gone. Instead of just easily being able to drag and drop a song, artist, or album into whatever playlist -I'd like, I have to manually add it. One song at a time...

-When a song with a particularly long title is playing, it doesn't move or anything. So songs like "Love Came Down (If My Heart Is Overwhelmed" or any Fall Out Boy song remain a mystery to me.

-Activity Feed.....

-Instead of having one neat column with a dropdown menu, there are two completely useless columns that require more work to manage.

-The whole overlapping thing, where the most recent page overlaps all the older pages? Yeah, ew.

The only thing I actually enjoy about the update is the new Private Session option where it remains private until you log off.

I'd enjoy the option to switch back to the previous, "un-updated" version of Spotify, seeing as the new "updated" version seems a lot more downgraded. Thank you for hearing me out.

Anthony
Kudos: 1,280
Solutions: 230

Hi, please see AbsolutelynoFB's link to the post on how to revert to the older client.

If you have a suggestion, make sure to submit it to the ideas section. Or if it is a bug, submit a support ticket through the contact form.

Anthony :)

This post was by Anthony! I do not work for Spotify! If this solved your issue - mark it as a solution! Do you agree with/like my post? Please add a Kudo!

Spotify Community profile: Anthony | So feel free to PM me! Here
| Twitter profile: anthonyb256 |

Peter
Kudos: 11,479
Solutions: 3,190

JesusPanda wrote:

I've been using Spotify since about, hmm, maybe October last year. It started bugging out like 3 weeks ago so I reinstalled it and got the new update. The white preface is kinda cool, but it's gotta go. I've noticed that the new update has fixed things that were perfectly fine before. What happened to, "If it ain't broke don't fix it."?

-I can no longer sort my playlist by Album, Artist, Song, Length, or year, which appears very unorganized to me.

-I can no longer delete songs that for whatever reason have been taken off of Spotify.

-Everything must be done one song at a time, whether it be adding, playing or deleting. Which is frustrating.

-The 'Drag and Drop' option is gone. Instead of just easily being able to drag and drop a song, artist, or album into whatever playlist -I'd like, I have to manually add it. One song at a time...

-When a song with a particularly long title is playing, it doesn't move or anything. So songs like "Love Came Down (If My Heart Is Overwhelmed" or any Fall Out Boy song remain a mystery to me.

-Activity Feed.....

-Instead of having one neat column with a dropdown menu, there are two completely useless columns that require more work to manage.

-The whole overlapping thing, where the most recent page overlaps all the older pages? Yeah, ew.

The only thing I actually enjoy about the update is the new Private Session option where it remains private until you log off.

I'd enjoy the option to switch back to the previous, "un-updated" version of Spotify, seeing as the new "updated" version seems a lot more downgraded. Thank you for hearing me out.

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

It actually sounds like you are using the new desktop/web preview rather than the full desktop client. 

There is no need to follow the steps above for this, just download and install the full desktop client from:

- Windows: http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe

- Mac: http://download.spotify.com/Spotify.dmg

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
eiirik

Hi

Just wondering where the "whats new" where we can see the most popular song-list is in the new update of the app? Got the new "discover", but this dosnt to **bleep** for me when I use "whats new/most popular" function all the time..

Peter

Just found out if you type "spotify:app:home" into the main search box and hit enter you should get the what's new page. 

However, whats new is being replaced by the new discovery tab. If you have any feedback, head over to this topic ;) 

Peter

Peter

Music Fan
Ispot18

I think it needs a new updated version,I'm so annoyed at the fact I can not sort my playlists out
Peter

Ispot18 wrote:
I think it needs a new updated version,I'm so annoyed at the fact I can not sort my playlists out

What version are you using? (Help/Spotify > About)

Peter

Peter

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.