Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
Rikki12
Accepted Solution

Offline mode - can't go online anymore

Dear All,

I have been abroad for a while and therefore my country settings have changed. Back home I can't use Spotify anymore.

So far, I have updated my country again, updated my creditcard details, bought a premium account, logged in, logged off, restarted the laptop...but still I am not able to go online in Spotify.

Any ideas what to do next?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Richard

Music Lover
Rikki12

Re: Offline mode - can't go online anymore

Ok, weird...with my username I can't login/ go online. But when I login with my Facebook details I can login...

Richard

Hey Rikki, where are you connecting from? You're currently showing up to us as connecting from the US, though your country setting is Netherlands.

Also, the reason you can log in with your FB details is that you have a second Spotify account, created via Facebook. This account is on an Unlimited subscription, which allows you to access Spotify away from the country set in your profile.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
u2
Music Fan
u2

Re: can't access spotify

hi, I keep on chanching my password again and again, as it says to me that it's wrong, and I don't seem to be able to get in. can somebody help me?

Richard wrote:
Hey Rikki, where are you connecting from? You're currently showing up to us as connecting from the US, though your country setting is Netherlands.

Also, the reason you can log in with your FB details is that you have a second Spotify account, created via Facebook. This account is on an Unlimited subscription, which allows you to access Spotify away from the country set in your profile.

Richard

Re: can't access spotify

Hey u2, everything looks to be in order with your account on our end. Please try submitting a message via our contact form and we'll help you out further.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Music Lover
memikat

Hi,

I have the same problem that Rikki12 had earlier. I've been abroad for a while, just bought a premium account, but still cannot go online in spotify. The premium account is supposed to give me unlimited travel, right?

Music Lover
memikat

Ok, I finally found a way to get it to work. I went to the profile -> overview page, and then changed the country in the lower right corner of the page back to my home country. Note that it's not possible to change your country on the "Edit Profile" page without updating your payment details, so it's rather unintuitive.

Music Lover
tikoloshe123

Hello,

I have premium account and im currently out traveling and i dont understand why i cant get online.

I was online a few minutes on my phone, but cant connect at all from the computer.. Can anyone help with that?

Richard

Hey tikoloshe123, welcome to the Community.

Please make sure you're signing in with just your original username 'tikoloshe123' - it looks like you've got a duplicate account with us, not on a Premium subscription, and this is currently linked to your Facebook profile.

Music Fan
9of9

I haven't been able to get online to Spotify since last night - I think it's been about 24-hours now. The Spotify Status UK site has been flagged as having problems with service the whole time, but there's still been no information or any status updates.

Normally, I wouldn't be especially fussed, but it happened just as I was trying to purchase downloads to get an album. The first time I tried to make the purchase, it said the transaction was successful, but later claimed it had failed when I tried to download the album itself. The second time I tried to purchase the downloads there was no error message, but I still received no new downloads on my account. Nonetheless, I have receipts for both attempted purchases and they come in my Spotify transactions history.

I tried to restart Spotify and since then it has only been booting into Offline mode. I submitted a support ticket explaning the situation, but haven't had any confirmation nor reply.

What the heck is going on? It seems like I've just lost £20 without any downloads to show for it or even any Spotify service at all. I've since purchased the album I was intending to buy elsewhere, but I can't even get the purchases refunded because my support query is being blanked (and, of course, there's no way to track support tickets it seems).

Announcements
Rock Star Program
Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.