Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Other people can't find my public playlists

Other people can't find my public playlists

I love making playlists and don't want to keep them to myself. That's why I've made my playlists public to other users. However, when I searched for my playlists on a friend's account I couldn't find them. I want people to find my playlists directly through the search and not just via my account.

I'm using Spotify 0.8.5.133 (Unlimited) on Mac OS X 10.5.8.

45 Replies

Hey! 🙂 

Playlist searching is always a bit of a pain, since there are so many playlists in the Spotify system! 

Can you post a link to a playlist you are having issues with? (Right click on the playlist name, select Copy Spotify URI and paste here!)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

Here's a playlist of mine:

The Sophisticated Sound of Exotica

I've tried searching with another account, using the exact words, but nothing came up.

Strange I can't find it either, as I said before #tempermental! 

Peter

Peter

There must be an explanation.

Just a comment, how would your friend know to look for that playlist by name?

That's beside the point. I want my playlists to be searchable, for friends and others too. I was wondering why my playlists don't show up in search results. Other people's lists do, so why is that?

I'm thinking spotify might only re-index playlists for search once in a while, since there are literally billions of them to go through. 

Are these relatively new playlists? 

Peter

Peter

No, some of them are almost 3 years old.

Yeah I'm having the same problem here

You can easily share your playlists since the playlist search is a little mysterious at the best of times 😉 

Peter

Peter

Has my not being on Facebook something to do with this... perhaps?

Same problem here. Playlists do not show up in Search. Some are new, some are 2 years old.

Got the same, i created a playlist for my workout, logged in at the gym with the "gym account", and couldn't find my playlist, OR my profile for that reason 😞

@WLWJ - Got a link to the playlist (from your account on the desktop app, right click on the playlist name > copy spotify uri)?

Peter

This is one of them: Gym Music

The playlist doesn't appear in search for me either, but not all playlists do appear in the Spotify search (since there are so many).

You should however be able to load the user profile in the desktop app by searching for:
spotify:user:118856488

Peter

I am running into the same problem! Sorry to make another post that doesn't solve the problem, but I would like to shead as much light on this as possible. What's the deal? (I also wouldn't mind if my first name or username was connected to the playlist rather than a number, but that's a different issue entirely)

What is your Spotify username?

Peter

Hi Peter, sorry for the late response. My username is a long number and it's doesn't seem possible at the moment to change it. I was trying to figure out if people could find me by searching my full name instead if my "username" and if people could search for the exact name of my playlist and see that it was created by me. From what I've read, it doesn't seem possible at this time.

Suggested posts