Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PLEASE READ:Error 802 on some tracks

PLEASE READ:Error 802 on some tracks

Hey all. We've seen quite  few reports recently of error 802 when trying to play certain tracks, even though they will play on a mobile device and still show as available in the catalogue. Spotify are aware of the issue and are investigating so, hopefully, there will be a fix soon.

In the meantime, if you are getting this error with a particular track in a playlist, removing it then re-adding it has worked for some people.

If you could post the URI of any tracks you have this issue with (right-click track title > copy spotify URI) together with a note of where it occurs (playlist, album, artist page) it will help the support guys to pin down the problem quicker, thanks.

128 Replies

I've been listening to some of these songs for weeks now, so it's concerning whenever they become grayed out. some of them will literally play for less than a second. the fact that they play for less than a second makes me think they're not removed completely.

tEho – Stuck In Reverse - N'to Remix - artist page and playlist - doesn't appeared to be grayed out

Paul Hazendonk – Sunburnt - artist page and playlist, but grayed out now
Spada – Lair - same grayed out

PHM – A Moment Stolen - Oliver Lieb Remix same grayed out
Timo Chinala – The Sound of You Walking Away same grayed out
Maniwaki – Rumpelkammer same, grayed out
Julio Largente – The Silence
Mladen Tomic – Tolerance - Mauro Picotto & Riccardo Ferri Remix

hope this helps

These are the songs i currently am having trouble with:

Sam Smith - Latch - Acoustic
Ellie Goulding - Don't say a word
Ellie Goulding - My Blood

Ellie Goulding - Figure 8

Ellie Goulding - Hanging on

Ellie Goulding - Burn

Ellie Goulding - Stay Awake

Gringo Star – Shadow

(all songs grayed out in album view, so maybe album was removed? )

First Aid Kit – My Silver Lining

(doesn't work in playlist or album view)

Edit: Clicking on these links will start whatever song is next in your currently active playlist, not the correct one. 😛

Having problems with several tracks from The Rat Pack – The Essential Collection (Digitally Remastered).

Removing and re-adding doesn't help.

I keep getting the error even if I go to the album page and play them from there.

same problem with ted gärdestad, för kärlekens skull, svenska artister.

This track plays for 5 seconds and then stops with the 802 error: with Mac Desktop client (Version 0.9.10.14.g578d350b)

Infected Mushroom – Never Mind

It does not work from:

• My work playlist

It DOES work from:

• band page
  • web client

I removed the item from my list and added it back from the band page, but this didn't work.

I removed the item from my list and restarted spotify.  Then added Infected Mushroom – Never Mind (which is from a diff album) - this worked.  I then added the original URI and it works.

Attached console.log

It has also happened with this track: Pentatonix – Daft Punk

With this specific console log (I cleared it out and tried playing the track)

6/13/14 4:05:40.657 PM Spotify Helper[45064]: Internals of CFAllocator not known; out-of-memory failures via CFAllocator will not result in termination. http://crbug.com/45650
6/13/14 4:05:40.835 PM Spotify Helper[45064]: The function `CGFontSetShouldUseMulticache' is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update. Unfortunately, this application, or a library it uses, is using this obsolete function, and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system performance.

It plays fine from the band page and web client, but not local playlist.

OneRepublic – Dreaming Out Loud

The first 5 tracks don't work anywhere on desktop, but they do on my mobile device..

Seems to be working now 🙂

Not sure how or why 😕

Hi,

Same problem with Subscribe - Bookmarks album

Me, my mom, and my brother are also having this problem. Please fix it soon.

Here's one song that won't play. It doesn't even start playing. It just gives me the error message and I have to skip the song. 

Christian Henson – Where Are You?

I'll post more songs that have this problem as they come.

Getting Error 802 here too:

Santana – Smooth

A werid phenomenom occured about a month ago, and I figured it would get fixed soon enough but since the problem persists, I'm wondering if it is even noticed.

Interstingly enough, this problem is with a group of Christian Rappers only. To be precise, the group of Christian Rappers known as 116 Clique. (They all have seperate pages as well).

I have many of the various artists songs on my playlists, but when I click on them, I recieve an error code. The only way to play them is to go to the artist page and hand pick them. Also on the artist's page the top songs are all messed up. They all changed. And many only show songs that the artist featured in. Basically some albums dont exist as far as the top songs page is concerned.

Here are some of the many artists not working from my playist and with top songs list out of order:

Lecrae

Tedashii

Andy Mineo

KB

Trip Lee

Derek Minor

There are more but these should show what's happening. Thanks!

(By the Way here is my list, play any song on there by the above artists to see the error occur: https://play.spotify.com/user/samcassels97/playlist/6CRzQrKv77mEERQMoT9PhP )

Also, my brother and freind are experiencing the exact same problem with the exact same artists. So even if I fix it locally by re-adding the artist pages are still messed up.

I am aware of two songs not playing from anywhere to me:

Sorry by Buckcherry

Counting stars by OneRepublic

Skillet – The Last Night

Here's the deal...

Kudo's to you,
Kudo's to me.

Please give kudos!

Miranda Sex Garden – Fly

This is another song that gives me error 802.

Suggested posts