Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PLEASE READ:Error 802 on some tracks

PLEASE READ:Error 802 on some tracks

Hey all. We've seen quite  few reports recently of error 802 when trying to play certain tracks, even though they will play on a mobile device and still show as available in the catalogue. Spotify are aware of the issue and are investigating so, hopefully, there will be a fix soon.

In the meantime, if you are getting this error with a particular track in a playlist, removing it then re-adding it has worked for some people.

If you could post the URI of any tracks you have this issue with (right-click track title > copy spotify URI) together with a note of where it occurs (playlist, album, artist page) it will help the support guys to pin down the problem quicker, thanks.

128 Replies

@ekseli wrote:

@shai456 wrote:

So now they just removed album ... briliant solution 

Not just albums. They've removed entire artists (Serenity), including from playlists.

If the reason for this is that those artists have been permanently pulled from Spotify, then as of this day Spotify is dead to me. Time to switch to Google, I guess.

Some of the albums that disappeared completely have made a comback, it seems. This applies at least to Delain. However, some artists whose production completely vanished still have their songs nowhere to be seen. One of them is Serenity.

Is there any official word on what the hell is going on, or even an acknowledgement of the problem?

What country are you in? Having a look in the catalogue availability of Serenity's albums is pretty limited (which is controlled by the label unfortunately).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:
What country are you in? Having a look in the catalogue availability of Serenity's albums is pretty limited (which is controlled by the label unfortunately).

Finland. They were all available less than a week ago. They first became unplayable, giving the 802 error, and then disappeared completely last Saturday.

I find it hard to believe this is a label restriction, since the albums of several other artists disappeared at the same time and some of them have returned (which is annoying enough, as it broke all past playlists). Unless it's a huge coincidence.

Or a licensing deal coming to an end which would take out multiple artists especially if they are from the same label, but the details of why content gets removed are never released.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've had this problem with multiple tracks lately, and there have been two different sets of circumstances.

The first was 'Not On Drugs' from Truth Serum by 'Tove Lo'. I Added it a month or so ago, and then got an 802 error. Following the link from my playlist to the album listing showed that the first track was still there, but got the 802 error. There was however an extra track on the end. When I search normally for this album, that extra track is now the first track, and the original first track was gone from Spotify. (and Spotify's 'revised' tracklist for this album doesn't match any other online listing I can find)

The second one was 'Electro Glide in Blue' by Apollo 440. I noticed yesterday that 3 or 4 seemingly random tracks got the 802 error. Searching for Apollo 440 normally showd that the album I had in my playlist was gone entirely, but an identically-listed one with different cover art was there, and everything was fine.

It seems therefore that Spotify has got a problem somehow with albums being pulled and re-listed as a newer/updated version, or a track resurfacing just on another album. Your system thinks the track is there (because it is... technically), but when you try to play it, that 'instance' of the song isn't. We as users have to find whether a relisting or newer album has the same track, and replace it in our playlist.

(Note: it's also happening with random tracks within album view. 'Our Town' by Aaron Copland from 'The Copland Collection' for example. Wouldn't play, yet when I did a search, it did, and then returning to the album, it played again.)

I might suggest that a way to resolve this is that if you get some sort of 'track not found' error, maybe automatically do a search for the same artist/song title, present the results to the user to listen to (i.e. never assume it's the same song), and, if a newer version exists, replace the item in their playlist with the new one.

Specifically,  I'd be interested to know what's happened to 'Truth Serum', as that tracklist has become mangled.

And I'm in the UK, BTW.

Serenity, the artist that was completely removed a while back after the 802 error, has now returned to Spotify with what seems to be all of its tracks and albums. I really don't know what's going on, but I certainly hope someone at Spotify at least is.

This problem infuriates me... I have playlist with 400+ songs, 20-40 of them are not working giving the error code 802.. If I readd some of them starts working BUT I HAVE NO TIME FOR THAT. I just cannot track all the songs when they appear or dispapear and constantly add, remove or readd these songs to the playlists. I pay money for priemium so I expect to RECEIVE PREMIUM QUALITY! It would be kind of OK if the not working song would just skip until it gets fixed BUT NO IT BREAKS THE PLAYLIST!!! PLEASE SPOTIFY FIX THIS ASAP!! I just whant to sit back and listen to my favorite music...

I cannot select a song out of the song-list on an album and then add it to my cue. Error 802. Is occurring on Sam Smith's
"The Lonely Hours" deluxe edition, but not on the regular version.

Which song is it with the issue on the deluxe version of the release?

"Stay With Me." I added the regular version to my playlist, but thought you might like to know which songs were being uncooperative.

Yep I will check it in a couple of minutes it's in my play queue just after a current track playing. I did a track look up, the metadata is only saying it is available to CA or US listeners meaning Canada and US listeners obviously. Ok it is up now as I am typing this it is playling the deluxe version fine it would seem. Do you by chance have the track as a local file loaded into the Local Music Folder in the spotify app? It seems to be playing fine. And now I am playing the version on the standard release seems to be the same exact song.

I'm not much of a techie, so I'm not sure what you need to know. I access Spotify through Sonos, so that sort of complicates things, right?

Ahh I C now, better wait for another Rock Star or someone who is familiar with Sonos issues. I thought it was a desktop app issue with the song playing. I have like no hands on experience at all with Sonos systems. My mistake, I should have asked for what device and/or system this was happening on. Other Super Users and Rock Stars familiar with Sonos experience will be on later today they can lend a hand with this surely.

But as I said earlier both songs from both releases are the same exact song, just strange that one plays and other doesn't on the Sonos system.

Eisbrecher – Die Hölle muss warten

Eisbrecher – Augen unter Null 

Eisbrecher – Prototyp

Nickelback – How You Remind Me - LP Mix  Not playable anywhere for me. Added to multiple playlits though. Removed both from all playlists, and tried to play from artist page. Did not work.

Jon Hopkins – Cold Out There

this is very frustrating.

The whole album at Bliss – The Art Of Chill 2 is suddenly not playable anymore, 802's all the way.

Only Jon Hopkins – Cold Out There is still working.

Spotify radio tried to play me this son but gave the 802 error instead: In Flames – Only for the Weak

This is ridiculous. How is still issue still not fixed?

Error 802 has only started for me recently, probably yesterday.

I'm never watching Spotify when the error 802 shows up, but it's on the commercial breaks! Allstate this last time, and before that maybe Bose? I hadn't kept track. But it hasn't been on any tracks, just the commercials/ads.

Suggested posts