Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PLEASE READ:Error 802 on some tracks

PLEASE READ:Error 802 on some tracks

Hey all. We've seen quite  few reports recently of error 802 when trying to play certain tracks, even though they will play on a mobile device and still show as available in the catalogue. Spotify are aware of the issue and are investigating so, hopefully, there will be a fix soon.

In the meantime, if you are getting this error with a particular track in a playlist, removing it then re-adding it has worked for some people.

If you could post the URI of any tracks you have this issue with (right-click track title > copy spotify URI) together with a note of where it occurs (playlist, album, artist page) it will help the support guys to pin down the problem quicker, thanks.

128 Replies

Nightwish – While Your Lips Are Still Red

Worked fine a couple of days ago, but started giving the 802 error last night.

I'm only getting the 802 error when ads come on.  Never before a song track, always at the end of a song leading into an ad.

Scar Symmetry – The Kaleidoscopic God and all the tracks from Scar Symmetry – Pitch Black Progress, they start and play for about 2 seconds and then stop with an 802.

Thought it was the same with In Flames until I realized all but the new records were gone. 😞

Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass

Seems to be happening everywhere!

Banks – Beggin For Thread

Also happens (with same song) in Spotify's own playlist Indie Electronica.

Mine is happening whenever there is a commercial. Doesn't matter which song or artist I'm trying to play.

802 error on

spotify:track:4J8WVHRtXM6SMgsF7qohXy

Does anyone still follow this thread?  The entire album of the following track reports error 802:

Nico Muhly – Prologue & Scene 1 (Alley/Police Station): Help! Help! My friend has been stabbed!

John De Sohn – You Only Love Me (wont work on playlist/album view

Hello,

I was playing the "50s" Playlist and encountered this problem with the song: "Da Doo Ron Ron" by The Association, The Crystals. I got the message: "There is a Problem with the connection o Spotify. Please  try again shortly. (802)" 

I tried clicking on play, only a split second of the song would play and then the next song would start to play. I tried going to the previos song/ the song before it and then going to that song, but same thing would happen! I get what I call the error message, only a split second of the song plays and then the next song plays.

Here is the Spotify URI:  spotify:track:7egakE6Nn9qVFi4xn1DEen

Hope this information helps!

This track :

Fergie – London Bridge

From this album :  Fergie – The Dutchess Deluxe

Death From Above 1979 – Right On, Frankenstein!

It's actually the whole Death From Above 1979 album 'The Physical World' where I get this issue - I can quit Spotify, reopen it, play any song off the album until Spotify tries to play an ad - and that's when everything stops working. 

Don't you know these all tracks are old and all you have to do is ADD NEW REUPLOADED SONG TO YOUR PLAYLIST/LIBRARY. Omg guys, you are so retarded.

You are the one that is "Retarded". lol  Not all of the songs are "Old" and need to be "updated" or "Reloaded" into a Playlist or the Song library! 

Apparently there must have been a "Bug" or a problem with either Java Script,  Adobe Flash, or other programing and in the way the Spotify player interacts with prorgaming on peoples computers and also interacts with web-browsers. Why do I say that? Because since I have made my post, I have gotten updates for my computer with those programs I mentioned all of my web-browsers have been updated and Spotify has been updated twice and I have not had any problems, yet! So apparently one of those things either fixed it or Spotify found the problem and installed a fix for it in one of the updates.

Hopefully this problem is fixed!

@Denial94 wrote:

Don't you know these all tracks are old and all you have to do is ADD NEW REUPLOADED SONG TO YOUR PLAYLIST/LIBRARY. Omg guys, you are so retarded.

No, because you're just wrong. Some of the tracks that have been lost to the 802 error have been from the latest releases of the bands' in question, released even within the same year they went AWOL. No amount of re-adding helped. Then, after a while, they started working again without re-adding.

Suggested posts