Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert Regular
katti88

PLEASE help! Can't log in due to firewalls problem

Okay, so first Spotify wasn't working properly, it said it was offline which it wasn't but it wouldn't change. So I reinstalled the whole thing, and when I was about to log in, it wouldn't let me! It says " A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify". And I have! But I still can't log in. So I did the same with my AVG program, so it's allowed there too. But it didnt help. What do I do now? I'm stuck. Please help me somebody? I would appreciate it so much!

Community Legend
licenced

Re: PLEASE help! Can't log in due to firewalls problem

Hi, here's the information on the ports etc required for access:

78.31.8.0/21
193.182.8.0/21

The following ports will provide a more restricted flow:

78.31.8.0/24
78.31.12.0/24
193.182.8.0/24
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Concert Regular
katti88

I'm sorry but I dont quite understand what you mean. 

Am I suppose to put those numbers in where the proxy settings come up? Which numbers do I put in where? And the username and password?

Concert Regular
katti88

Can someone help at all?

Spotify?

I'm a premium user but I will stop using it if no one here can help me with my problem.

I see there are tonnes of other threads like these and they all still seem to have the problem.

Community Legend
licenced

Have you actuallly confirmed that its either the firewall or AVG doing the blocking?

Turn one or both off and check that it allows you online and then you hopefully know which one it is and have somewhere to start.

If it's one of them there must be others with the the same product with the same problem so have you checked their blogs and forums for any details of how to configure it for Spotify?
----------------
Concert Regular
katti88

I have checked both. I uninstalled my avg and I still couldn't log into Spotify. 

When it comes to my firewall, I've made sure that Spotify is on the allowed list.

So I really dont know what else to do?

I've read a lot about the problem on here and on other places but nothing has helped me fix the problem. I'm just so frustrated that nothing is working...

Community Legend
licenced

Have you tried disabling your firewall?

Also, where are you? If you are inside a business or school/university network Spotify may be blocked at the network level - check with the network admins. If they are willing to help (many are not because Spotify uses large amounts of data) then you can give them the port information I posted above
----------------
Music Lover
barnaby_haart

hi, i'm having the same problem and am at a complete loose end, i've tried to follow your instructions and failing that have been through all 43 pages of forum topics looking for where you have previously posted the solution, nada. can you please spell out how to input the proxy info, including which sock/http option to select as none have worked

Community Legend
licenced

Unforunately every router/firewall solution is different - it's impossible to post detailed instructions for each and every configuration. If it's not simply a case of opening up your firewall software and adding Spotify as an exception then you would need to check the documentation for your specific hardware/software to see how to add the information for ports to unblock.

First thing to check though is that you are sure it's your firewall that is causing the issues. Have you tried disabling it to confirm you can then log in? If you still cannot then the firewall is not the issue.
----------------
Garage Band
ErikG

[ Edited ]

Hi I'll now list some things you can try:

"Network and sharing center" -> "Network Connections" -> Right click "Local Area Network" choose deactivate and then activate. (You will temporarily lose both LAN and internet access.)

"Network and sharing center" -> "Network Connections" -> Right click "Local Area Network" go into properties choose Internet Protocol Version 4 or 6 depending on what you use(most common is V. 4) -> Receive an IP-adress automatically. (If someone else is in charge of your network you may want to check with them before tampering with these settings.)

Using a removal tool to make sure your firewall/antivirus is correctly removed, choose the one you use and the ones you may previously have used http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146.

If you are behind a router you may want to open the ports previously mentioned by licenced, http://portforward.com/ have decent guides for this and their "port forwarding" program may support your router.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.