Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists Will Not Appear As Public

Playlists Will Not Appear As Public

Hi, all,

Seriously running my head into a wall trying to figure out what happened in transitioning to the latest version (0.9.8.296).

My default setting for playlists is to make all playlists public, but my profile appears to have zero playlists, no matter how many times I toggle or untoggle a playlist. I've seen topics on starred playlists taking time to become public, but no other case where someone's completely locked out of making public playlists. If restart the client, the menu option has switcehd to "make public" again, but toggling that doesn't update my profile. 

Really enjoy sharing music with my friends, so this is a bit frustrating. 

Thanks in advance.

76 Replies

Hi. Does setting a playlist to public from the web player work?

Hi, Joe, with the latest redesign, I can't seem to toggle playlists on the web player as public or private.

This is really frustrating me, do you have any idea why my playlists won't be listed as public? I have nearly 200, so it might be a volume thing?

I've seen a few similar cases. Let me flag this issue with the spotify staff. 

EDIT: Can I just check that these playlists aren't collaborative and could you please post a link to one of your playlists (right-click > copy spotify URI). Thanks.

Thank you, Joe. The playlists in question aren't collaborative, as I know those will always be set to secret.

Here is an HTTP link:

This Week's Soundtrack

And a Spotify link:

This Week's Soundtrack

This is immediately after, once again, selecting "Make Public" (No change appears in my public profile whenever I do this).

OK. Something crazy is going on. I'll ask one of the staff to take a look 🙂

Hey, I have exactly the same problem, in my profile it says " this user hasn't published any playlist yet" even though I have like 50 public playlists.

That is a great shame, I have some friends who were usually checking my profile for playlist to follow . It would be nice to be able to share music again ! 

Hey there, thanks for letting us know about this.

Just to check, you're unable to make playlists public on either the Spotify app or web player?

The option exists, but after logging out and in again, it hasn't done anything.

^^ Is that an accurate summary of the issue?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi, 

No playlists are visible on the profile on both web and desktop app. 

bug

Unpublishing and publishing playlists doesn't change it. 

Login and logout doesn't change anything either. (even when login in with a facebook or an username account)

About the web app, I can't see the option to publish or unpublish playlists. (When you share you can just share it to your wall or on the social networks but I just want the playlist to be publically accessible )

bug spotify 2.jpg

Richard, sorry for taking a while to respond. The problem persists. To confirm:

Yes.

I am unable to make playlists on either the Spotify app or web player. The option to toggle playlists as public or private doesn't appear on the web player at all. The option to toggle is available on the Spotify app, but it does not change anything and it always defaults the option to "Make Public" after restarting the app.

Would really appreciate some help on this. I love Spotify and support it with a membership fee, but the ability to share my playlists is a major reason of why I pay for it.

Yes, I'm frustrated with my playlists not appearing publicly too. I'm a smart user of Spotify so there's no user-end error at all on my part. My "Preferences" are set to make all playlists "Public" and I purposely go through and right click to verfiy that they are not "Secret." Nothing shows up. The problem persists even after a presumedly successful follow up with customer support. Only intermittently, over my 2 years as premium subscriber, have the playlists appeared publicly. This is a huge bug and big problem given the socially interactive component of Spotify.

Hey guys, we've found the underlying issue causing this. We're looking into a fix right now - hang in there just a bit longer!
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

I've also been having trouble making my playlists public, none of them are public but I can't get them to show up on my facebook feed and no one else can see them if they try to. I can still make new playlists but will this be resolved also?

None of them are private I mean***

Richard, thank you for replying, but at this time there seems to have been no resolution to the issue.

Is this the only method of contacting someone from Spotify to discuss this issue? No hard feelings, as I understand that bugs happen. But sharing playlists is a major reason of why I pay for the service. If the bug can't be fixed and there's no one else for me to talk to, I may end up canceling my premium membershp this summer. 

Hi, just an update on this issue. 

I signed out of all my devices and did a clean reinstall. 

I have Spotify installed on: 

Mac OS X running Mavericks
Windows 7
Android HTC One
and a Barnes & Noble Nook (Android tablet)

This is still what I see. I have over 100 playlists and am trying to make them public. Am I up a creek or something?Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 12.36.52 PM.png

This is my URL: https://play.spotify.com/user/alfonsocortez

Again, this only started happening about 3 months ago during the early 2014 switchover to the new desktop client.

@AlfonsoCortez wrote:

Hi, just an update on this issue. 

I signed out of all my devices and did a clean reinstall. 

I have Spotify installed on: 

Mac OS X running Mavericks
Windows 7
Android HTC One
and a Barnes & Noble Nook (Android tablet)

This is still what I see. I have over 100 playlists and am trying to make them public. Am I up a creek or something?Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 12.36.52 PM.png

This is my URL: https://play.spotify.com/user/alfonsocortez

Again, this only started happening about 3 months ago during the early 2014 switchover to the new desktop client.

How's your account looking now?

Hey Richard, 

It seems that you have resolved AlfonsoCortez issue since I can see all of his playlists.

However I still have the issue, do you have to fix it manually for each user or do we have to do something on our side? (I have disconnected from all devices and reinstall already a certain amount of time... )

My url : https://play.spotify.com/user/unfortune 

Thanks 

Spotify Web Player - Spotify - Google Chrome.jpg

Richard, 

Thank you very much, this seems to have cleared up the issue.

If you're at all able to provide details at a later date, I would love to know how I triggered the glitch in the first place. But I understand you're probably very busy.

Thanks again and I hope others experiencing similar issues are able to get helped.

Phil

I am having the same problems since the swich. Nont of my playlist appear as public ! Please Help

Suggested posts