Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
ktjones693
Accepted Solution

Please Help!! Error 101

I try logging in and I the message: A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow spotify (error 101). Additionally you could try to change the currently used proxy settings. I've reserved on this site and many others and I've tried everything they say: changing my password, uninstalling then reinstalling spotify, and allowing it through the firewall. Nothing is working please help.

Concert Regular
CobraHawking

Re: Please Help!! Error 101

I am also having this issue.

Music Lover
Lionceau

I have this error message too. It happened before, but then it magically fixed its self a few weeks later too. My spotify updated its self recently, and now it's not letting me back on. 

Garage Band
darkdj09

Error code 101 is a connection issue related to your firewall. After a quick search of error code 101 on Google it is my understanding that to solve this you need to add spotify to your firewalls exceptions list. You may need to do this using the exact port numbers for both UDP and TCP protocol for spotify, these port numbers can be obtained from the spotify website, once you have the port numbers, simply add a quick description (spotify) and and the UDP port number xxxx and the TCP port number xxxx. The port numbers will be no longer then 4 numbers but they may be shorter. UDP stands for User datergram protocol and TCP stands for Transmission Control Protocol, together they form a Gateway for data to flow through in bidirectional format that consists of packets of data encrypted using various security protocols.

In other words data can flow in 2 directions at the same time through a gateway.

JSM
Music Fan
PC8593

Could you please help me and sort this out everythime i log in it a fire wall may be blocking spotify I have deleted it about 5 times and it is still saying the same message could you sort it out please

Music Fan
ojala83

my spotify does that too..but only if i update Spotify..old version works fine ( i can use it a while,when i start spotify again,it updates)..this is a third day when i fightning wit this...soon i delete my account :(

Concert Regular

Please help,I have a premium account but all I get is Offline mode error code 102,Iam really struggling with this as I don't know much about computers.

Music Fan
Zero_Names

Ok say that. But in english.

Music Fan
IonaTaberham

Can you explain that in english

Music Lover
rose_fancyface

I have tried this fix and it will NOT work. What else can I do to allow me access to my music?

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.