Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem Syncing new music section between iphone and Mac

Problem Syncing new music section between iphone and Mac

I have a problem, in my iPhone I add songs to my music and back on my mac it syncs but only in the album and artists sections, the "song" section just has the songs I added on my Mac no from the iPhone, can someone help me with this problem?

Screen Shot 2014-04-11 at 6.24.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-04-11 at 6.24.52 PM.png
6 Replies

Opposite problem. I have thousands of tracks in "Your Music - Songs" on my Mac and zero tracks in the iPhone. Starred (which I really, really miss) and playlists are all in sync.

YM-Songs without sync is not substitue for Starred.

Seems to be some sort of lag. Synching is not too bad while everything is on the same network running spotify but slow otherwise. Must be all these starred lists being migrated to My Music 🙂

You might be able to force a refresh by logging out and back in.

I've logged off/on both devices multiple times, it does not help.

Things are actually worse than I'd described earlier, it goes something like this:

* Start with an iPhone and Mac with empty Songs

* Fill the Mac's Songs list with 3000 Starred tracks

* Wait a while

* The iPhone's Songs list magically fills with a handful (2 to 12) of tracks that are a tiny subset of the Mac's Songs list

* Wait a while

* The Mac's Song list is eliminated with the exception of the (2-12) tracks that were in the iPhone's list

I've seen the above happen three times.

When you add tracks to Songs in Your Music, do it in batches of less than 500 to avoid triggering a possible bug. I suspect what happened was that you may have exceeded this 500 tracks at a time limit so the music you added wasn't actually saved on your Mac.

Uninstalled iPhone Spotify

Reinstalled iPhone Spotify

Made thousands of iPhone tracks Available Offline

Resync'd iPhone

Mac has 125 tracks in YM-Songs.

iPhone has 0 tracks in YM-Songs

I'm going to look into Rdio as an alternative.

It turns out it was just lag, the songs now sync perfectly

Suggested posts