Close
Music Fan
pippasouthern

Problem with 'Sound Card'?

I keep getting a note at the top of my Spotify player saying 'There is a problem with your sound card. Spotify can not play music' yet iTunes, youtube and other music players work fine. I can't find anything on this in the 'help' sections and this had been going on for two days now. 

I also have a Premium account so it's pretty unacceptable really. 

neo-x
Kudos: 1,930
Solutions: 70

Re: Problem with 'Sound Card'?

You can still open the software and it shows tracks available for playing?
You tried different tracks?

Does this information come up when you try to play a song or when you log in to spotify itself?

You could try to go to settings and check if you have enable hardware acceleration on or off. Disabling it if its on and enabling it if its off

What version of Spotify are you using? The newest? When did this occure? After an Update?

Sorry for the amount of questions, but to solve this sort of issues, answers to those might give a better picture whats causing this.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Concert Regular
kbj7

Hi, I have the same problem, and in answer to all your questions, I have tried everything! It was working perfectly when I turned the pc off last night, and now this morning, it opened with 'there is a problem with your soundcard, Spotify can't play music'!! do you have any idea why this could be and how to rectify it?  Thank you..

Concert Regular
spotyproblems

I have the same problem.  Did yoy find a solution?

Thanks.

Music Fan
abananamiles

I also just had this problem. I was playing music less than 30 minutes ago. I closed Spotify, watched trailers on imdb, reopened Spotify and suddenly could no longer play music. 

Concert Regular
spotyproblems

I got it

I got it. You have to set off all your sound options: surround, aceleration, bass boster... everything. I read it in another comunity, I did it, and I fixed it.

Good luck.

Music Fan
k8y_2005

I had this problem and just logged out and in again and it worked... Not sure that'll always work though! :)

Music Fan
sirespen

[ Edited ]

did the same thing and it helpt,

k8y_2005 wrote:

I had this problem and just logged out and in again and it worked... Not sure that'll always work though! :)

did the same thing and it helpt, as usual :)

Music Fan
sgtwolfe

did you find a fix, if so could you expalin it to me. i had the same problem with the sound card, i was playing music, stopped for a while and then it wouldn't work. 

Concert Regular
spotyproblems

You have to set off all your sound options: surround, aceleration, bass boster... everything. Try this.

Announcements
Win free Premium
We're fans of music around here. And amazing animated GIFs.
So, for our next competition we're combining the two.

Join our new contest here.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.