Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Garage Band
pengie

Re: Spotify shows only the first track I play

Going to again say what I said a couple days ago... At the very minimum, can we get a link to an older version that IS working?! I don't mind having to keep the app open so it doesn't restart and auto-update!

Bedroom Songwriter
IanGude

I've found the following version to work ok....

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ywmh70

Spotify, you can thank me later for doing your job for you....

Garage Band
pengie

^ Tested and working on OS X 10.5.8. Will probably have to leave the app open but WHO CARES. THANK YOU.
Bedroom Songwriter
IanGude

Yes it will kindly upgrade itself, so a restart means re-installing again.  Enjoy.

Music Fan
lyndsaycollings

is there anything i can do to make my spotify work again on my mac? i teach yoga and use my premium version for radio/playlists in my class. need this to work asap!! currently radio is not playing past the first song, search isn't working, even regular starred songs aren't playing continuously. help!!

Concert VIP
KnifeJob

Look 3 posts up.
Garage Band
ysolmaz

Thanks, IanGude. You saved my life! My Spotify shut down and updated itself today, so I downgraded to your version. I'll keep it open as before but still holding onto your version in case Spotify decides to update on its own again.

On a further note, I'm appalled by the way Spotify is handling this. If I neglected my customers at work the same way, I would have lost my job already.
Concert Regular
kelseyfurnell

Big surprise - same problems as noted above, mainly with the not showing past the first song. It'll keep playing, but none of my apps that share or connect with what i'm listening to seem to register that I'm listening to something other than the song that was playing when I first opened spotify.

Judging from the response I've seen on here, I'm pretty sure I'm about to cancel my paid subscription.

Music Fan
aphex_twin2002

This is a complete farce. I'm pretty close to cancelling my subscription too. How the hell can one small update cause so much havok with basic functions? Wast there no testing before release.

Spotify, you need to at least start replying to this thread more regularly. 

Concert VIP
unpermanent

I couldn't believe that the official line from spotify is that they've fixed it! Absolutely disgraceful!! I'd cancel my subscription now except I'm in the middle of revising for finals unfortunately and need my playlists as I haven't downloaded anything for months now :( There's also no real streaming alternative in the UK so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.  

Spotify you need to buck up your ideas, as all those lovely paying customers you gained last financial year are starting to leave in droves.

Announcements

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.