Music Fan
storm666
Accepted Solution

Proxy settings for login

Hello,

I've downloaded spotify on my windows computer at work. But we have a proxy here and spotify refuses to connect.

How can I change those **bleep** settings? The login screen gives me no settings, just mail + password for login.

Can anybody help? Please!

Kind regards,

storm666

Singer
jvanderb

Re: Proxy settings for login

I'm not sure how to get to the proxy settings from within the application without being able to log in.  However, there is a program that might help you.  An application called FreeCap allows you to force any application to go through a proxy server, and might be worth a try.  You can download it here:  http://www.freecap.ru/eng/?p=download

Hope that helps you!

q9
Music Lover
q9

did you ever get this figured out?  I'm having the same issues.

Music Lover
Pottsy

I was having the same issue and found the solution.

* Unplug the the network cable

This prompts an error message which will allow you to change the proxy settings.
Remember to plug in your cable again!

Spotify Proxy

Music Fan
melissaRC

Hey there!

I have just the same problem. I can't login 'cos spotify thinks im offline. Re-installed the whole thing, checked my firewall (windows for windows 7) - does not work. Spotify tells me to log in via my Proxy-Details. And now my question (which is pretty basic, I guess): where the &%&/ do I find my proxy details?

There is one other thing that might be the reason for my spotify problems. I am just guessing here, but anyway:

I've got Avira running on my PC, might that be a problem? If yes - how can I fix it?

The whole problem stared after I ran a bunch of anti-virus, malware ect. programms. (avira, malware bytes and cc cleaner).

Thanks a lot for your help!

melissa

Music Fan
amiskin

Hi my computer won't let me log in due to proxy settings either I have tried to change them but nothing has helped.

Please help me!

Music Fan
Gurlina54

Hi there -

What do you mean by "unplug the network"?

I am having the same problem where first Spotify keeps saying its offline so nothing works. I uninstalled spotify (as it suggested), restarted my laptop, then installed it again. Now its saying something about the proxy settings. Its so frustrating, please help!

Music Fan
ribenaisgood

They mean:  unplug your network cable or switch off your wifi.  This will cause Spotify to give up logging in and show the option to change your proxy settings.  You seem to have got that far anyway.

It might be that you need to use a proxy server to log into Spotify.  If you do, then you will have had to use a proxy server to use your web browser etc...  so your proxy server will be configured on your system somewhere but Spotify is apparently not smart enough to know how to use it.  So find the proxy server settings your operating system is using and enter these in the dialog that comes up when you click on the "proxy server" link you see on the picture in the message above.

Of course, it might not be your proxy server settings that are the problem.

Gig Goer
pentax

I am getting 'HTTP Reply 307". I am using ultrasurf, if t...

[ Edited ]

I am getting 'HTTP Reply 307". I am using ultrasurf, if that matters. I have tried logging in and out of last.fm app and retyping my password numerous times. Spotify on my other computer not using ultrasurf scrobbles fine. I cannot access the internet without ultrasurf on this computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I have the proxy settings in Spotify set to auto, and I can stream music fine.

Gig Goer
pentax

Re: I am getting 'HTTP Reply 307". I am using ultrasurf, if t...

Can anyone help me?

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.