Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
oyvindb
Accepted Solution

Public Profile and followers

Hi,

I have two questions after updating to the latest version of Spotify.

1. How can I view my public profile? I used to be able to click on my user, and then Profile and see only the playlists I've shared, but in the latest version I see all my playlists, and I'm only sharing 3 or 4 out of hundreds of playlists, so either it's not my public profile, or all of my playlists have been shared. 

2. On the same profile I can see that i have 546 followers, which is identical to the number of followers on my playlist with the most followers. However, I also have a playlist with almost 400 followers, and unless all of these are also following my other playlist, this number is incorrect. Is this a bug? Being able to see all followers is a really nice feature by the way.

Also, the spell check does not accept "Spotify", or "playlists" ;-)

Best regards,

Øyvind

Spotify
David

Re: Public Profile and followers

Hey!

1. I've just checked your account from my version of Spotify and I can only see three shared playlists. So others shouldn't be able to see them either. However, when looking at your own account, you see everything.

2. Followers should work a little differently for your account and your playlists - I believe it takes a cross section. For example, one playlist I have seems to have 200 followers, but my personal account has less followers than that. If someone is following your profile, then they will get updates when you create a new public playlist and so on. However, just following the playlist will mean they get updates on that playlist only. 

Sadly the spellchecker is one built by our forum people, so we can't actually add Spotify to it at the moment! Soon, hopefully! 

-----
Spotify
Music Lover
oyvindb

Hi David!

Thanks for your answers. Is there any way I can see my public profile, without using someone elses account?

Best regards,

Øyvind

Music Fan
nananani

for me it works exactly like before, using the same method as you mentioned before. 

for all i'm concerned there is too much "following" in this new version,

there's enough of that everywhere else already.

Gig Goer
kkrump

Just so we're clear, with the new update, it is NO LONGER POSSIBLE TO VIEW YOUR PUBLIC PROFILE?!?  

This is a major issue with the user experience and will need to be fixed immediately .  PLEASE!  

Music Lover
ElijahM

David: pleaee explain how your answer qualifies as having solved the problem. The problem, as described by the OP, is that it is no longer possible for a user to see their public profile without logging in as someone else. That's not a problem your answer can solve. That's a problem your design team can and absolutely should correct. As far as I can tell, you don't even understand what the problem even IS. 

Concert VIP
Helinaeh

In my latest update of Spotify, when I go to my Profile Overview, I can see a small lock icon and word "Secret" under each of my Playlist icons/album cover collage. I haven't meant to share any lists so this is good. The only things I've shared are collaborated playlists and those you can't make public like your own personal lists.

oyvindb, Can you see this icon too now?

Music Fan
Jthomp10

I have the same problem, loads of playlists and i want to be able to see which ones i am publicly sharing without having to scroll down through each and every one to see if it is locked or shared, i am shocked there is still seemingly no way to view my public profile as another person and ultimately if not fixed im likely to stop using spotify or i am likely to keep them private which i think defeats the spotify goal.

Music Fan
victorlarsson98

http://open.spotify.com/user/1118067999/playlist/3a0FKHUfx6mqEbnCn8XHay

Follow me and i follow you if you are lucky! And if you do follow you will get a really good playlist with house and dance music so be a bro and follow today

...................__

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

.........\.................'...../

..........''...\.......... _.·´

............\..............(

Music Lover
Sanik007

Hello, I have a problem with one of my playlist.. The playlist followers are not being counted since yesterday afternoon, and I have recieved more than 400 notifications of new followers during today for this playlist. The other playlists don't have this problem, and the new followers are being add normally. What can I do? 

Thanks! 

Announcements

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.