Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio Station like and unlike

Radio Station like and unlike

It appears that once you have chosen to like or dislike a song that shows up in a radio station, that you cannot undo that choice.  These buttons should be on a toggle in my opinion. I've clicked the button on accident a few times, and it would be nice to be able to take it right back.  Also just noticed that i had to thumb down 4 songs from en.yo in a row.  What method does it use to improve the station?

75 Replies

I'm gonna have to agree. I had this very problem today; accidentally liked a track and wanted to unlike it, but I guess it's now permanently attached to my station.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, this is a bummer. It does not help if you remove the song from the playlist "Liked from Radio" either. If you liked a song, you cannot unlike it.

I posted the same problem here

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Improvement-suggestions-for-Spotify-Radio/m-p/126582

+1, this is very annoying once you accidentally click the thumbs up.  I don't want to listen to the crappy song forever! Let us toggle back and forth please to uncheck the song.

This needs to be corrected!

Just happened to me too. Was very surprised to not be able to find a way of undoing the choice.

I, too, am having this problem. It is especially troublesome when I have Spotify running in the background while surfing, and I un-minimize it and the ad pops up while I'm trying to thumbs up or thumbs down!

The song is not only attached to my radio station, it has now morphed the station into a totally different, and not to mention wrong, direction in song choices. 

On top of that, I can't even delete the radio station to make a new one in its place, with the original song tags that I intended.

This. Makes. Me. Want. Pandora.

It's also incredibly anoying when it lists my top bands and there are bands on there that I don't even like!!  I'm a HUGE Franz Ferdinand fan and my station is dedicated to their music but they are listed at number 5 behind The Strokes who I really don't even like!   ???

+1 This needs to be corrected

Yes, this is very annoying and I would like you to be able to change your likes/dislikes 🙂

Pleeease let us undo our like/dislike choices. Our tastes may change over time, and the posibility of letting our list adapt to our changing tastes would be much more preferable than having to recreate a radio station in many cases. Thank you!

Can you impliment a list of songs that are liked and disliked for each station and allow us to go in to make edits to them at will? I think this will help immensely.

If you look at Amazon.com, they cater the items displayed and advertised to you as you log in based on your search history. I find this to be strikingly similar to your radio stations. However, they have implimented a feature where they provide you a list of your browse history and let you delete items from this list to remove related products from being shown.

Similarly, if you provide a feature that lets us remove songs from either the like or dislike que for each of our radio stations, this will give your radio stations added versatility the way Amazon lets you manage your own search history.

I have eclectic tastes and find that i may like something one day, and hate it the next. At this point, i may have spent a while "working" on the like and dislike menu in a radio station and would have to restart a customized radio station if my tastes suddenly change. Providing this feature would make these customized radio stations more dynamic and would improve my experience on Spotify.

I am loving spotify so much that i am now a subscriber to the premium service, but this would definitely be one of those "cherry on top" kind of features.

Ignore this, I would delete it if I could. Obviously anyone can click that button. My bad.

Original message: jpeg, why did you mark your request as a solution? It makes it look like this problem is fixed, and it isn't.

just found out that if you select the song then go to edit you can delete the song from the song you have liked.

I completely agree. i love the radio but thumbs up and down is buggy and cant be toggled after original choice. how come u cant delete created stations etc?

My suggestion is to only "star" songs you like, not give them a "thumbs up".  That way, you can listen to your "starred" music as its own station - and starring a song is easy to undo if you change your mind later on.

The "thumbs down"/"thumbs up" feature is supposed to mimic Pandora by getting a particular radio station to play less of what you don't like, so I suppose giving a "thumbs down" isn't so bad - but once you've given a song a "thumbs up" it's impossible to undo.

Yeah, I actually do that. I have about 3 days of music starred so far, and I'll often put that on shuffle, and I'm good to go. The Spotify radio is something I use more for music discovery, though, and I use the thumbs up in the hopes that it will encourage the station to bring up more similar music later. I think the algorithm needs some work, but it's not too bad. Really, my issue is simply with accidental thumbing up or down being irreversible.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Fix this already Spotify.  You obviously ripped the idea off of Pandora. so steal the whole idea... not just half.  

We spend time building the perfect radio station to just be ruined with one mistake thumbs up.  

Pathetic

Just got spotify premium, gift from my son. It's great, but issues like this one here (unable to unlike a track)  remind me of my first bad taste with iphone. Couldn't delete photos transferred. Eventually I switched to android because I felt I had proper control.

Spotify, give me control please.

Suggested posts