Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio Station like and unlike

Radio Station like and unlike

It appears that once you have chosen to like or dislike a song that shows up in a radio station, that you cannot undo that choice.  These buttons should be on a toggle in my opinion. I've clicked the button on accident a few times, and it would be nice to be able to take it right back.  Also just noticed that i had to thumb down 4 songs from en.yo in a row.  What method does it use to improve the station?

75 Replies

Unlike or like'ing past tracks would be nice. Anyone knows if this is improved in the new darked looking beta version of Spotify?

This is the main reason that I would like to cancel my account on spotify.  If these problems were fixed Spotify would be far superior to something like pandora or other similar services, however, these problems exist and, for me, its a deal breaker.

Ironic, I can't undo my Kudos on this post. 🙂 Not that I want to, but... Yeah, I guess Spotify devs need to fix that. I'm allergic to such things.

This is a terrible implementation--I accidentally clicked like instead of unlike on a song when listening to radio and am unable to remove it. When the radio stations algorithms are as terrible as Spotify's this is a critical design flaw. I'm officially going to Pandora and canceling my account.

+1... This seems to be a fundamental flaw in the program design.  This problem has been around for over 2 years and still no one has addressed it?

This is an awful choice. Attempted to click Thumbs down on a song. Ads popped up on the right, shifted everything and it registered as Thumbs Up.

FOREVER.

I'm sorry aboud this stuff.

How you managed to get thumbs down into thumbs ap? Some ad was in battlefield with you?

I never meant to start a war, but can you please try to shot a video about this issue. It would help developers to reproduce this stuff!

Many thanks.

Are you from the Spotify Dev community?
Can you at least acknowledge this limitation? I mean the fact that once you do a thumbs up (or down) you one may never change it? Is there a workaround to the issue? Is it even being worked upon? Or is it just a limitation?

Currently there limits here:

- One playlist, max 10,000 songs.

- Your Music collection, max. 10,000 songs.

There is no news about to remove these limits, because currently Spotify will slow down, if no limits on these things and these used at max volume.

Starred list is Unlimited, however.

I'm not from Developer team, I'm here just for music and helping people. But I can always ask right people to add some answers about stuff.

Well thanks a bunch in that case hpguru. Surprising that there's no response from official Spotify guys...

I was referring to the limitation, that once you like/dislike a song, there's no looking back. I feel there should be a way to cange those (like Pandora does offer). Or at least, there should be a way to delete all of my like/unlike history. Please do suggest if you're aware of such a workaround

There is a workaround. You can go to your "Liked from Radio" playlist, look for the odd one (sadly, I haven't yet found a way to search inside a playlist), and delete it from the playlist. It's a nightmare to do that by hand, but yeah, that is a workaround. Hope that helps.

Awesome sauce! Thanks

BTW, I realized from using Pandora for almost an year, that if you try to 'teach' these Internet radios too much using likes and dislikes, they soon fall into a loop, where they start to play almost the same songs over and over again. So much so that I was surprised, that my Pandora didn't start playing Coldplay's new album Ghost Stories till 2 months after it's release. I had to separately play Magic and press like.

So now, in the interest of exploring new music, I've stopped using the like/dislike button altogether. Just give Spotify the seed song, or use the genre/browse methods if you want it to keep playing new music. I think eventually even this would fall into the same vicious cycle, but may as well take longer...

Yeah, but that is what I like about Pandora, I also like being able to say that I never want to hear a song again and being able to change my mind. I will have to say though that my favorite music service is Rdio I get my like and unlike buttons I can create whatever station I want and when I do I get 5 degrees on how familiar or adventurous I want to be and new music is being added all the time along with unlimited skips. I originally came to spotify because of the options of no commercials and unlimited skips, which I was more than happy to pay for, but the thing is that if I am paying for a service I expect it to work well, and having a like and unlike button for a music service then not being able to change your mind is not working well, even facebook allows you to unlike something if you liked it on accident. I have not used spotify for quite awhile but I keep track of this thread to see if they will ever fix this issue because if they do I would like to see how the service has change and if it is something that I would be interested in using once again.

I have been waiting for this fix for almost 2 years. I hope you guys have given your kudos to this idea so that they realize it is important
http://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/ideaexchange/article-id/14075/

I now have!

Maybe you should also add a feature request of "I'm bored of this song" which will block it for a month, like Pandora

Wow, so how does this help undo a thumbs-down? Oh that's right, it doesn't.

Using the web player on something like Chrome, you can actually press F12 and manually remove the "disabled" class from the thumbs up or thumbs down button.  It will then let you press it 🙂

I only recently ran in to this problem, but seeing all these posts just amazes me. People have been asking for this since early 2012... Anyway, thanks for this workaround Deano, I accidentally pressed Like on an artist which shared the name with the one I created a radio station for, however the music genre is not even remotely alike.

When you press F12 in Chrome you can use the looking glass to go diectly to the button.

This was reported in 2012, HOW IS THIS STILL A PROBLEM? I had been thinking of signing up for a premium account with the deal going on, but I am only interested in the radio feature.

I just broke a station my wife liked by accidentally thumbs-uping a screemo remix of a song. If you can't actually tweak or modify the radio station in any way after you, forget this noise, I'm going back to Slacker.

It seems this is still an issue. This is ridiculous.

Suggested posts