Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Per
Topics: 231
Kudos: 1,500
Solutions: 130

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop (0.9.0.133)

[ Edited ]

What's new in this version (0.9.0.133):

• Fixed internal issues that were causing interruptions these last couple of days

More information

The last couple of days our service has seen some unexpected interruptions. This release should alleviate most of it not all of those issues.

If you experience any issues after updating to this version please reply here and provide as much detail as possible.

And should you need help figuring out what "much detail" could mean (you're not alone in this) then please have a look at the troubleshooting guides at the top of the desktop help forum.

Join me on twitter.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Get more storage space!
Peter
Kudos: 12,769
Solutions: 3,489

Re: Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop (0.9.0.133)

Just got this, working well so far! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Garage Band
miskidomleka

Can you provide link to .133 installer? I forced new installation from spotify website download page, and I still got .129

Garage Band
mupet0000

So far so good but I have noticed a bug which was also on the previous version. When you follow a playlist, the client automatically follows the creator of the playlist and updates the activity stream with their stuff. It does ask if you want to follow them with a No or Follow selection, I press no but the acitivity stream continues to show me new content from them even though I'm not following them.

If I check the persons page it shows a follow button rather than unfollow. So I have to restart the client (restarting Spotify does make it stop showing that persons acivity) every time I follow a new playlist to stop getting streams from people I don't want to follow.

Peter

miskidomleka wrote:

Can you provide link to .133 installer? I forced new installation from spotify website download page, and I still got .129

It looks like it hasn't gone live on the downloads pages yet, I will keep an eye on it and post when it does. Your client should update automatically anyway once the rollout reaches your account!

Peter

Peter

Garage Band
miskidomleka

Your client should update automatically anyway once the rollout reaches your account!

Sometimes it takes a few days. Also, I think it won't update until Spotify is restarted which in my case ideally does not happen for weeks. The recent interruptions were very annoying, so I'd like to upgrade ASAP.

Peter

miskidomleka wrote:

Your client should update automatically anyway once the rollout reaches your account!

Sometimes it takes a few days. Also, I think it won't update until Spotify is restarted which in my case ideally does not happen for weeks. The recent interruptions were very annoying, so I'd like to upgrade ASAP.

You should get a notification bar in your client as soon as it becomes available for you, which will then offer you to restart to update. Sometimes logging out and back in again a few times can force the update though. 

Peter

Peter

Garage Band
miskidomleka

Recently I've been getting the notification bar only after Spotify restart. Maybe just a coincidence.

Joe

I'm still showing .128 here despite several restarts over the last few days. Makes me feel unloved :(

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Peter

0.9.0.129 is on the download pages currently if you want to download the installer and force the upgrade by 1 version ;) 

Peter

Peter

Announcements
Rock Star Program
Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.