Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Per
Accepted Solution

Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 0.9.1.57

Hi everyone, we just released an update. Over the next week it will gradually be going out to everyone.

What's new in this version (0.9.1.57):

• Background fixes
Join me on twitter.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Get more storage space!
Roadie
eventheminions

Re: Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 0.9.1.57

Great to hear there's a new update, Per. Any change you guys can go into more detail about what constitutes "backround fixes"? Are we talking performance issues, bugged code, aesthetics...?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Per

eventheminions wrote:

Great to hear there's a new update, Per. Any change you guys can go into more detail about what constitutes "backround fixes"? Are we talking performance issues, bugged code, aesthetics...?

Not really. The changes were so far in the backend we didn't even get, nor ask for, details.

Join me on twitter.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Get more storage space!
Award Winning Artist
hpguru

Who can say then what you're updated in backend? I'll contact clairvoyant then.
Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 50M/25M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Talent Scout
hans-jürgen

Betreff: Release Notes - Spotify for Desktop 0.9.1.57

Maybe it means that the bright background is dark again. ;-)

ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ - "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg..."
Spotify playlist with original versions
INDIGO ROCKS - "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel."
Spotify playlist with original versions & live album "Live im Riff"
Garage Band
brandAnonymous

ummmm, Per, when you guys at Spotify locked the previous "Feedback on 9.1" thread, you posted a link to this thread. I tried a few times & it is dead. I get:
An Unexpected Error has occurred.

• Sorry, your request failed. A notification has been sent to the development team for investigation.

Exception ID: 36228EF1

Please click the Back button on your browser.

Return to my original page

thanks, so those have not yet updated cannot feedback....or Spotify has all the feedback it wants on 9.1.533? Some of us are still on 9.1.533...seems premature to lock it...I don't really mind....9.1.533 has been working fine for me
Music Fan
treoldarnvor

[ Edited ]

I think this update completely broke my spotify. All my songs are gone. It instantly crashes after opening and displaying the main area for about 3 seconds (I dont even get an error message, the exe just instantly terminates). I tried going back to an older version, which opens but none of my songs are there and I can't do a search I just get an error message and nothing shows up. EDIT: It's letting me search on the older version (0.6.5) and on my ipad app now, so maybe its fixed?

I'm about to cancel my premium subscription if this isn't fixed soon. It was working perfectly fine yesterday.

Richard

brandAnonymous wrote:

ummmm, Per, when you guys at Spotify locked the previous "Feedback on 9.1" thread, you posted a link to this thread. I tried a few times & it is dead. I get:
An Unexpected Error has occurred.

• Sorry, your request failed. A notification has been sent to the development team for investigation.

Exception ID: 36228EF1

Please click the Back button on your browser.

Return to my original page

thanks, so those have not yet updated cannot feedback....or Spotify has all the feedback it wants on 9.1.533? Some of us are still on 9.1.533...seems premature to lock it...I don't really mind....9.1.533 has been working fine for me

Fixed that link, thanks!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Band Member
Rollo_

Per wrote:

The changes were so far in the backend we didn't even get, nor ask for, details.

You really should get ask for and post details on even minor releases.

If this post was helpful, please click the green "+" button below

Read my take on YourMusic HERE.

If you like the Starred list and its ease of use, and would like to see its return, please support by adding Kudos and comments HERE

If you'd like a lean and fast Spotify desktop, without all the default apps slowing things down, please support my idea thread to opt out of them by adding an option to turn them off and on in Preferences. Staff has shown interest in this idea. Click the "Kudos" button and add your comments   HERE

Peter
Kudos: 11,474
Solutions: 3,190

Rollo_ wrote:
Per wrote:

The changes were so far in the backend we didn't even get, nor ask for, details.

You really should get ask for and post details on even minor releases.

Unlikely they would tell you, since the internal workings of Spotify are a bit of a mystery which is good since it prevents people from working out ways to pirate things I guess. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.