Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Garage Band
takingbackbenny
Accepted Solution

Release Notes for update 0.9.8 ?

Hi all,

just wondering where to find the release notes for my newly updated version of the desktop 0.9.8

Clearly its moved away from the very ugly white artist pages and moved to black, much nicer on the eyes, but for whatever reason all the text has got bigger, meaning less tracks on my screen to choose from etc. plus my playlist list is HUGE to scroll through now, thanks to the larger font. Not ideal, albeit better to look at..... Anyone else have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Community Legend
krikelin

Re: Release Notes for update 0.9.8 ?

[ Edited ]

[Removed]

สวัสดีครับ Music is for the spirit as what food is for the body. Dr. Sounds. Between March 27th - April 5th I will be on vacation and have limited or no access to the internet.
Gig Goer
jelles1988

This updates makes spotify almost unuseable. The font is way to big and there is too much space between tracks. This is unworkable with playlists of 8000+ songs. 

I do like the layout change, it is way better then the white one. I would like an option to change font size and spacing between songtitles.

Concert VIP
Alluboj

The font change might be a change that caused almost all text to disappear from my spotify?

Adam

[ Edited ]

@Alluboj - could you post screenshots? Also, what operating system is it you're using?

Edit: never mind. I just saw your other thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.
Garage Band
takingbackbenny

[ Edited ]

I agree with an option to change font size and spacing between tracks & playlists.. The layout is nice, maybe a little hard on the eyes (or is it just my eyes getting used to the black rather than white backgrounds???) But the spacing and font size is a MASSIVE issue, very very ugly

Gig Goer
Surpomp

I want the previous theme back :(:(:(

The black background of 0.9.8 is hard to make out from my dark desktop background, the font is way too big, and the spacing is just annoying. The earlier one was also way more relaxing for the eyes.

Peter
Kudos: 11,903
Solutions: 3,267
I'm a Community Rock Star

I feel for Spotify, fighting a loosing battle of colours

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Concert Regular
Ihmemies

Is there any way to get this awesome update without waiting for weeks for some stupid "rollout"? I really want the larger font and darker backgrounds.

Community Legend
Stupify

The only way to do so is to get the installer for the latest version from someone nice enough that is eligible for the rollout. I am not the one to do so because I am still under the old version and can't get the update.

If you are eligible and haven't updated yet, you can get the installer by going to the Spotify folder, triggering the update and quickly copying and pasting spotify_new.exe while it is updating. spotify_new.exe is the installer and will work on any user.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.