Music Lover
kulian
Accepted Solution

Remove Web Helper from Autostart

How can it remove the autostart of the webhelper? If i do this for example with Tune Up Utilities, its back in the autostart list immediately.

Thx

Gold Streaming Artist
hpguru

Re: Remove Web Helper from Autostart

[ Edited ]

You mean this web helper in settings?

You can remove it in no time by using CCleaner or even a Spotify Preferences ( Edit - Preferences).

Be positive, use Spotify. :)

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 50M/25M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Community Legend
krikelin

[ Edited ]

I believe Spotify web helper is a separate process that acts as a minimialist web http server. I believe it makes it possible to use the play button and several interactions in the apps. If you remove it I think you will get problem with the web content (apps, play buttons etc.)

สวัสดีครับ Music is for the spirit as what food is for the body. Dr. Sounds. Between March 27th - April 5th I will be on vacation and have limited or no access to the internet.
Concert Regular
pg01

Edit -> Preferences -> [untick] Allow Spotify to be started from the Web

Gig Goer
Deedle_Doo

Is it normal that this setting reverts to being ON after installing an update?

I really don't want any unnessecary stuff running in the background. Surely registering a URI doesn't need a TSR in the background to work. I mean file, mail and even magnet URIs have never needed a separate background process to work for me.

Music Lover
Junieb

[ Edited ]

I use the free version of Win Patrol and in the Start-up  Programs , I check "Disable " 

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.