Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Festival VIP
jordan1708
Accepted Solution

SONGS WONT PLAY ?

I have jus got a new laptop (HP Pavilion dv6) and none of my songs on spotify will play, local files or songs I searched for. All the songs play fine on itunes and everything was fine on my old laptop. Help?

Music Fan
RJ68

Re: SONGS WONT PLAY ?

Me too..?? None of my radio is playing :(

Music Fan
Dena

My Spotify account completely stopped working today too!  The songs on Spotify will actually play, but no music comes out.  I e-mailed the Spotify help desk and they replied saying, "we're looking into your query and aim to get back to you within 3 days."  Did any of you guys e-mail Spotify?  If so, what did they tell you?  This sucks! :smileysad:

Festival VIP
jordan1708

I did but havnt heard anything, how long did it take them to reply to you ?

Richard

Hey guys, sorry to hear you're having trouble playing songs in Spotify.

When you try and play a track does anything happen at all? Any kind of error message you get might help reveal what's going on here.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Gig Goer
pzanga

[ Edited ]

happening to me too.  Logged onto my work laptop this morning and launched Spotify.  I assume it updated itself since it closed and restarted itself.  Now nothing plays.  I press the play button and it changes to the pause button, the playing icon appears next to the track but the time slider doesn't move and nothing plays.  No error messages.  Everything looks normal except for the song not playing and slider not moving.  If I move the slider to the middle of a song nothing happens either.  Closed and reopend but still no music.

Ok, actually nothing will play in itunes or WMP either.  Spotify is the only media app that seems to have changed (the update).  I will restart my machine and see if that fixes anything.

Update - A shutdown and restart seems to have fixed everything.  MAchine had been in hibernate mode prior to my inital login.  Not sure that would have contributed to the issue.

Festival VIP
jordan1708

the song duration bar does not start moving but the little sound symbol nxt to the song appears and on facebook it says I have listened to the song. No error messages or anything like that

Garage Band
pengie

Spotify, are you guys freaking KIDDING ME right now?! First of all, I've been rather patiently dealing with this issue on the Mac version for almost two weeks now. And now I get home to my Windows machine and this happens. Nothing will play. No error messages, no progress, nothing. Now quitting and restarting doesn't even work, which is what helped before. I thought this was a weird bug and now NO FILES will play, local OR remote.

PLEASE ROLL US BACK TO A VERSION THAT WORKS. I am getting REALLY tired of this. What went wrong with this release?!

Festival VIP
jordan1708

the song duration bar does not start moving but the little sound symbol nxt to the song appears, the play symbol turns to pause and on facebook it says I have listened to the song. No error messages or anything like that though. I have tried shuttin down the laptop and restarting and also un and re-installing Spotify and its still the same
Music Fan
quecom74

Hi everyone,

same exact thing is happening to me too since a ew days ago,I cant listen to any song at all ...what can I do?

cheers

Announcements
Happy Halloween

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.