Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
greta-chen
Accepted Solution

Says I cant download on an administrator account

When I try to download spotify I click on "download for windows" and after the file has loaded I press "run".

But after that I just get a window that says "Please install Spotify using a normal account instead of an administrator account.".

I have had spotify on the exact same computer/account before and don't know why I doesnt work now.

Please help? 

Concert VIP
gms49

Re: Says I cant download on an administrator account

Ditto.  I am getting TRULY PISSED with this system....as this re-install was because I had problems from the PREVIOUS one not playing.  AND NO ONE ON HERE HAS AN ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talent Scout
George

If the account you're using has admisitrator access, then you could try running the installer with administrative rights by right clicking and hitting "Run as Administrator".

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!
Music Fan
loraneb

Same here .. can't install using an administrator account - what's up with that?

Music Lover
Chaitomo

I have just managed to get around this annoying error! Logout on the website then try the installer again, seems to go through fine, hope it works for you too!

Internet Hit
Grayson

Hey Guys! 

When on a non-administrator account, attempt to download the client in an alternate browser such as Google Chrome. 

Let me know if this solves you issue! -Grayson

-----------------------------------------------------------
Remember here in the community we can't assist with most account-related issues. Submit a support form and awesome support agents will assist ASAP: http://spoti.fi/pjlOST
Music Fan
lizzielaahh

I had this problem when downloading via firefox, tried it via Explorer and it worked fine.

Music Lover
Ludvigcarlqvist

I solved the problem by selecting the file and change compatability to WXP SP2, worked for me. 

Music Fan
webslinger

Ludvigcarlqvist wrote:

I solved the problem by selecting the file and change compatability to WXP SP2, worked for me. 

Thanks!!! That worked for me! :smileyhappy:

Music Fan
MrJamesTrigg

Worked for me too! Thanks very much, I changed mine, under properties- compatability to the Windows XP Service Pack 3 on my windows 7 PC and its now working perfectly

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.