Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gig Goer
LisaKinne

Search Not Working?

Hi There - I'm a user from the US and I was JUST searching for "Miyazaki" and "Princess Mononoke" and "Hisaishi" and received results about 20 minutes ago, but now when I search for either of those terms it tells me "Your search did not match anything in our catalogue..."

This is very frustrating because I know for a fact that there should be results for those searches - I was JUST listening to some songs from the Princess Mononoke (film), on a compilation of music for Miyazaki films composed by Joe Hisaishi not 20 minutes ago and now it seems as though they have all disappeared!

Please help - I have quit and re-started twice now... Thanks - Lisa

Music Lover
Acronin3

Re: Search Not Working?

I'm having the same issue -- also a US user.

Search is not working, social is not working, and nothing appears in the "What's New" section, yet I obviously have an internet connection.

Hopefully they will acknowledge and fix this issue soon!

Music Fan
greggnic

Same here. Also radio does not appear to work

Music Fan
jjwurm

I've had Spotify on my desktop for all of 24 hours. Loved listening at work yesterday. Thought it was great. Start it up today, and the search doesn't work. Seems like this is a pretty common problem. If you hear of any fixes, let me know. Otherwise, I'm grudgingly going back to Pandora. As bad as it is, at least it works.

Music Lover
Acronin3

Surprisingly, this is the first time in 3 months that I've had any issues with it whatsoever.

The mobile app appears to be having issues as well, although may be completely unrelated.

Music Fan
lentzs

I am also haveing the same issue. I am using the Linux Desktop app and it is crashing as well. Can't search threw my iPhone as well.  Must be a server issue. Is there an server status page somewear?

Sam L.

Music Lover
steinbeigle

I keep getting the "Search failed. Please try again." error.  I can't search anything that isn't my local library.  If I go to my facebook messages, I can play individual songs that I sent my friends, but I can't pull up an album or anything really from search.  Tried a clean install, but no good.  Did spotify finally break?  I guess it's back to youtube...

Music Fan
mgrink

Same issue.  Why do Spotify's servers suck???? I'll go to Songza for now. 

Concert Regular
moorea5551

Same issue here.  Browsing Failed try again later.  If I wait long enough, the what's new section will populate.  Accessing search results is shoddy at best now.  Can't speak to issues on the mobile platform.

Gig Goer
LisaKinne

Actually I've had premium for about 6 months now and have been using Spotify since it became available in the US and aside from a few minor blips here and there, it has actually been really reliable. I just used spotify mobile to provide the soundtrack for a three day road trip and despite driving halfway across the country it didn't go out once!

I wouldn't jump ship over something like this - I just wanted to bring it to spotify's attention somehow and see if anyone else had noticed - and if they could get on top of fixing it! :)

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.