Music Lover
alemasta
Accepted Solution

Search bar doesn't work

Hi, as I said in the subject my search bar doesn't work, when i type something the menu with suggestions doesn't appear and if I press enter spotify doesn't search. Does anybody know a solution? Thanks

Peter
Kudos: 11,219
Solutions: 3,131

Re: Search bar doesn't work

Does a clean reinstallation of the client make any difference? Also what country are you in?

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
alemasta

[ Edited ]

Thank you very much i solved with the reinstallation, anyway i'm italian

Music Lover
tdietterich

No, I just did a clean install, and now the search box doesn't work.

Music Lover
jhaack

I had the same problem. I just had to exit and re-open and then it worked.

Music Lover
tdietterich

Yes, I had the same experience. After an upgrade, start and then exit spotify. This cleared the problem.

Festival Fanatic
cartercoulombe

I have been having the same issue, but in addition to the search bar, the browse page is stuck on the load screen.Been happening for about a week now. Seems like people have been having this issue since February, and there is still no fix yet? I find this very frustrating, considering I pay monthly, and the browse/search feature is the real reason for doing so. 

What gives, Spotify? Almost two months and no solution has been provided other than a 'clean uninstall' which I have tried about 5 times now. Seems rather rediculous to me. I have also tried re-opening the program, as well as using an older version of spotify, nothing works. I am in the USA. These features work fine on my iPhone and on the Web Player. 

Spotify
genomelak

This is unfortunately an issue that we're seeing for a small number of users. We have investigated and attempted to reproduce the issue using the information that you've provided us with. So far, without success.

We'd love to fix this issue once and for all but in order to do that, we need your help! Could you guys tell us which version of Spotify you're using and which operating system you're running. The version can be found in the about box which in turn can be found in the menu. Just clicking it should copy it to the clip board. This information is very useful for us in the process of tracking this (and other) issue (s) down!

If you remember what steps you took just before you noticed the issue, that information would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Peter
Kudos: 11,219
Solutions: 3,131

If you are having issues with search on desktop, the team are trying to collect some details:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Search-bar-does-not-work-at-all/m-p/72375...

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
Davehaesen

0.9.7.16.g4b197456

MAC

thanks

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.