Close
Music Fan
fr0nk
Accepted Solution

Share playlists with friends

Hi,

I'd like to share my playlists with a couple of friends.

I won't consent to the fact that everything will be linked with facebook. So the question is pretty simple:

Do we all have to set up facebook fake accounts just to share playlists within spotify or is there any other way?

If the answer turns out to be "yes", here are some helpful sites for anyone else who also isn't comfortable with the fact/idiotic restriction that a facebook account is required just to share playlists:

Use a PC that already has been logged in to facebook with. Although it's logged out, facebook still stores a cookie which makes this machine more legit for new registrations. Don't use your own machine. Preferably one form a friend you'r not linked on facebook with or internet cafe.

Use one of the following mailers:

- 10minutemail.com

- hushmail.ru

- https://www.guerrillamail.com

- www.fakeinbox.com

- www.spamfree24.org

Cornfirm the address and you're done:

Set up your fake network and fake accounts with all people you want to share music.

Peter
Kudos: 9,344
Solutions: 2,587

Re: Share playlists with friends

If you have a Spotify account that is not connected to Facebook then you don't need to enable Facebook to share playlists. 

You can search for spotify usernames without Facebook by typing:

spotify:user:username in the search box, where username is the Spotify username (not Facebook name or email address). You can then add your friend as a favourite, send them tracks and view their published playlists. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Unavailable 28th March-1st April + 5th-19th April. If you require help during this time, please do not contact me directly.
Spotify Last.FM Community PM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
llavea

Peter,

Thank you so much.  Your post was extremely helpful.  I have been trying for a week to figure this out and now I've got it thanks to you!

I'm not sure if everyone realizes that their spotify username is a 9-digit number!  I was searching by names until I asked my friend to supply their spotify username.

Again, thank you so much for this!

llavea

Spoiler

Music Fan
jerodmiller

Thanks!!!! Very helpful. I am not on facebook and have no desire to set up a fake account just to share songs. That's what I am paying the money for!

Garage Band
bryanhaddad

My underrground hiphop playlist...please let me know what you think... Enjoy !

https://play.spotify.com/user/1216177863/playlist/6x1EcC7zOWYA8jvpJ6FBPA

Spoiler
rap underground hiphop mosdef wutang nyc eastcoast
https://play.spotify.com/user/1216177863/playlist/6x1EcC7zOWYA8jvpJ6FBPA

Music Fan
kr103185

I have a playlist I'm trying to share via HTTP link but when I click it on my browser it says the content is not available and it won't work

28 Bday

Anyone have ideas?

Peter

kr103185 wrote:

I have a playlist I'm trying to share via HTTP link but when I click it on my browser it says the content is not available and it won't work

28 Bday

Anyone have ideas?

Works fine for me, are you still having issues? 

Peter

Peter

Unavailable 28th March-1st April + 5th-19th April. If you require help during this time, please do not contact me directly.

Festival Fanatic
comm88

Sorry - didn't work for me at all :( Still cannot find any other userr on Spotify!!! Grrrrrrrr

Music Fan
cjr4412

Hi Peter,

I'm new to Spotify.  Could you please tell me if I need to pay for a premium account to find/listen to friends' playlists on Spotify?  I couldn't find the answer on the faqs pages.

Thanks,

CJ

Peter

@comm88 and @cjr4412 - You don't need premium/unlimited to share with friends on Spotify. If you need some help finding your friends, try out this tutorial

Peter

Peter

Announcements
Win free Premium
We're fans of music around here. And amazing animated GIFs.
So, for our next competition we're combining the two.

Join our new contest here.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.