Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert Regular
jrw89

Side-bar not working!

Spotify automatically updated to the newest version and now the side-bar that used to stream what my friends were listening to, no longer does that. It is just completely blank. Any suggestions on how to fix this???

Spotify
David

Re: Side-bar not working!

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Weird - It shouldn't be completely blank. Are you using Spotify through a proxy server, or at work? 

-----
Spotify
Concert Regular
jrw89

It gives me a suggestion to follow an artist, but it no longer streams what my facebook friends are listening to. Is this some type of change that came with the new spotify? 

Spotify
David

Possibly, actually - Now that I think about it. We've got a new system called "Follow". You might not actually be following anyone.

Click on "Following" on the left hand side (which has replaced "Friends"). You should see "Facebook Friends on Spotify" at the top - You can start following people here.

The follow option is to better curate suggested music to you - For example, some of my friends might not listen to the sort of music I'm into. It's nothing personal! But I might be interested into recommendations based on some of my friends - So I can choose to follow them.

Hope this helps!
-----
Spotify
Concert Regular
jrw89

Not sure if you can spread the word to the "higher powers" in the spotify world, but I am not a fan of this at all. It was much better having a random stream of what your friends were listening to. This was one of the main ways I discovered new music on spotify. Also, there's no privacy if you do follow certain people, which makes me less inclined to actually follow people. The old feature of seeing a random stream of what people listened to was one of the main reason why I (along with many of my friends and classmates) used spotify versus pandora (which I will probably use more often now...).

Spotify
David

Sorry to hear you feel that way! By following everyone you are friends with on Facebook, the activity feed would act the same as before.

Could you explain what you mean by no privacy? You can still choose what tracks are shared with your followers within your Preferences menu -

Screen Shot 2013-02-08 at 21.33.21.png

-----
Spotify
Concert Regular
jrw89

No privacy, as in the person will know if you are actually following them. If I chose to "follow" someone, I would show up as one of their "followers". Whereas before, I could see what people were listening to without actually having to be one of their followers. Make sense? 

Concert Regular
MoogLiberation

I've been having this same issue for awhile and thought it might just correct itself.  However, I got annoyed today and decided to see if others were experiencing this issue.  Is this really how the new Spotify is supposed to work?  I have a hard time believing this is how its supposed to function since you didn't know what the problem was at first.

I also haven't heard a single other friend complain about this, which seems a little strange.  Is this really how the new system works?

Music Fan
liamkbro

what if you do not use facebook?

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.