Garage Band
elowen

So many problems with Spotify update

I have noticed a lot of problems with the spotify update. As someone who pays for my service, I am extremely dissappointed that my services seem to have been downgraded. Here are the list of problems I am having so far:

- Unable to star entire albums anymore

- Does not shuffle songs from different albums anymore from the same artist, keeps picking songs from the same album

- Automatically starts at startup of the computer, even though I have selected through my preferences that it should not multiple times

- Linked to my facebook account, but is no longer showing me the feed of what my friends play

- Ugly itunes like layout, difficult to navigate in comparison to previous layout, contrast of dark color and white is hurting my eyes 

Is there a way to downgrade to the version of Spotify I had before? Are any of these problems going to be fixed?

Music Fan
dan4ist

Re: So many problems with Spotify update

Agreed.  The new version is so dumbed down & takes so many more clicks to do anything.  The favorite people section is missing, there is less information on each artists page so it's harder to find new music.  PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!

Garage Band
Gabhan

elowen wrote:

I have noticed a lot of problems with the spotify update. As someone who pays for my service, I am extremely dissappointed that my services seem to have been downgraded. Here are the list of problems I am having so far:

- Unable to star entire albums anymore

- Does not shuffle songs from different albums anymore from the same artist, keeps picking songs from the same album

- Automatically starts at startup of the computer, even though I have selected through my preferences that it should not multiple times

- Linked to my facebook account, but is no longer showing me the feed of what my friends play

- Ugly itunes like layout, difficult to navigate in comparison to previous layout, contrast of dark color and white is hurting my eyes 

Is there a way to downgrade to the version of Spotify I had before? Are any of these problems going to be fixed?

Check out this post for how to roll back and stop updates

Concert Regular
2crabs

When I've tried to upgrade I can't reinstall the new software at all. How can i resolve this?

Music Fan
kkramb

Update does not even work on my computer. Crashes on start-up. Running Mac OS 10.5.8.

Concert Regular
2crabs

Same here. 10.5.8

Festival Fanatic
jag_ceter

my main gripe is def the new visual layout/color scheme.

it feels like the worst of itunes.  the 1st thing i did was go to the prefs to see if i could at least reverse the colors like in adobe stuff. nope. 

:(

Concert Regular
2crabs

would be nice if I could get Spotify to work at all!!

Need to resolve this quickly otherwise I'll need to unsubscribe

Peter
Kudos: 11,214
Solutions: 3,132

kkramb wrote:

Update does not even work on my computer. Crashes on start-up. Running Mac OS 10.5.8.

Hey guys :) 

Anyone running Mac OS X 10.5 or below can not use the most recent version of the client, since Mac OS X 10.5 is no longer being supported by Spotify. The reason for this is the new client uses features which are not possible on 10.5.

Have a read at my post here for a few more details and a link to an old client which might work for you.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Concert Regular
2crabs

Thanks. That has worked. Does this mean that I may lose Spotify at sometime in the future?

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.