Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert Regular
Renee_Bender
Accepted Solution

Songs are PLAYING but NO SOUND

the last few days My Spotify won't play songs. Actually the songs are playing but I can't hear it?  I thought my speakers weren't working but when i go into Pandora and I CAN HEAR EVERY SONG.. Has this happened to anyone else?? Please HELP!!

Community Legend
licenced

Re: Songs are PLAYING but NO SOUND

Check the sound volume for Spotify - cliick the speaker icon in the system tray and make sure the volume slider for the Spotify apparently is up
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Music Lover
badseed

I have the same problem. Sound works on every other online or offline application with or without headphones. No sound with the Spotify...The answer wasn't the volume knob for me, that's like plug in your electronic advice. Would love a different answer. 

Community Legend
licenced

I know it sounds like 'check its switched on' type advice but it has worked plenty of times on here for others. Its not the volume slider in spotify that you need to check but window's sound level for spotify which you can only get to through the system tray or control panel. As well as there being a system wide volume level each app playing sound also has a level and for some reason this is sometimes muted for spotify.

The other thing to check is the output device settings in control panel. Windows may have decided to output spotifys sound somewhere other than your speakers.
----------------
Garage Band
ErikG

If you are using windows 7 click the "speaker icon" at the bottom to the right and go into "Mixer" and mute then unmute spotify, spotify needs to be running for you to be able to see it.

"Open spotify->Speaker icon->Mixer->Mute and un-mute spotify->Restart spotify".

Community Legend
licenced

^ Yeah that's what I meant but couldn't remember the name - right click the speaker icon and choose Volume Mixer to see the volume sliders for each application separately. Cheers ErikG
----------------
Music Lover
badseed

That was the answer! It was the mixer control volume....don't I feel dumb. Hadn't had any other program create it's own volume in that menu. Thank you! And I apologize for saying it was plug in your electronic advice.:smileyembarrassed:

Community Legend
licenced

No problem, glad it's sorted.

How about you Renee_Bender?
----------------
Music Lover
jollykama

Sort of same problem. I can play music, but when I open, say Skype, Spotify continues playing the songs, but no sound comes out.

Any help for this?

Garage Band
ErikG

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.