Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Freezes my entire Macbook Pro!

Spotify Freezes my entire Macbook Pro!

So I just downloaded spotify, it logins and opens, but then whenever i try to click anything it just freezes my WHOLE LAPTOP. I can't even click force quit, i have to force restart EVER SINGLE TIME. I have the newest model of a macbook pro, this shouldn't be happening. Please help.

So I unistalled spotify, re-started my computer, re-installed it and the same thing happened.

So I unistalled spotify AND adobe flash, re-started my computer re-installed everything and the same thing happens. What gives??

Thank you for reading! I hope you can help...

43 Replies

Same issue.  I finally removed it from my computer and FINALLY have my computer back to running at normal speeds. 

I, too, have been having the same issue for months. I finally got the application running again, but for 5-10 minutes after launch my mac is a useless, frustrating machine of slow performance. It's absolute bull**bleep** and certainly related to the app, as I've double and triple checked my disk (no repair needed), have plenty of RAM, and re-set my SMC, among other system-related steps.

I've given up and have just been using my iPhone Spotify app with a bluetooth speaker.

Unacceptable, Spotify. I'll likely cancel my subscription, after being a supporter since 2011.

Weird, I'm on Mac too but I've never had issues with the app (besides the impossible to delete cache).

Never had problems with processing my large iTunes library or any other type of problem. I don't know if this has to do with my Mac being equipped with SSD storage. Really strange.

I'll make sure to always have a Time Machine backup, though... Just to stay on the safe side...

yep happends to me too !

im using 10.3 high sierra con a macbook 2010 white 4gb ram.

it sucks, guess ill have to use youtube red for hearing music then...

Suggested posts