Concert VIP
r2cents

Spotify STOPS! after a few seconds.

I've seen plenty of posts regarding the starting and then sudden stopping of Spotify, but I haven't seen a solution!  I have done EVERYTHING.  How do I keep Spotify playing?  I haven't had a problem until about a month ago.  Doesn't seem to matter onto which computer I download the program.  Starts then stops ... "Spotify has stopped...."   It's frustrating because there's no real good way to contact Spotify except through this community.  I do not want to listen to the web player, since it's not that good.  Any suggestions?      

Joe

Re: Spotify STOPS! after a few seconds.

Hi. What operating system are you running spotify on?

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Ceekay
Kudos: 7
Solutions: 0

I've noticed this happening on my GalaxyS3 not usually on PC, but even when it stops on my phone it hasn't actually stopped. Try restarting your device and see if that fixes it. I'll let you know if I find any other form of fixing it. But I haven't had the issue recently. Cheers Mate! Hopefully restarting could help you! :)

Concert VIP
r2cents

Microsoft Windows 7 ... has worked perfectly in the past.  Always.  For two years.  I pay for Spotify, too, but I certainly haven't gotten my money's worth lately.  Thanks for the reply.

Concert VIP
r2cents

Thanks for the reply.  Restaring, reloading ... nothing has worked.  It's frustrating because it's always been flawless until about a month ago.  And there's no good "help" avenue on Spotify.  I appreciate this community.

Ceekay

I use Windows 7 as well. Haven't had a single issue besides what I had mentioned about my Galaxy.

Hope you get your money's worth man! If music consumes your life like mine I can only imagine what

you're going through. Hope everything works out man! I'll keep popping up in the thread as well, you

have me curious about the problem now.

Ceekay

Have you tried reinstalling at all?

Joe

[ Edited ]

OK so the first thing to do is a clean reinstallation, including deleting the cache and we'll see if that makes a difference. Can you please follow these instructions but, before reinstalling, please also do the following:

• Open task manager and stop the process SpotifyWebHelper if it is listed (will only appear if you enabled starting from web)
  • Delete the cache folders in the following locations:

~\Users\<username>\AppData\Local
~Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming

Meanwhile, I'm going to pop this thread into the Desktop Forum.

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Ceekay

Kudos for you Jwy. Great minds think alike!

Concert VIP
r2cents

I'll try.  Thanks.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.