Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert Regular
pushdesigns
Accepted Solution

Spotify Won't Open - Windows

Hello!

On a new computer for work (Windows). Have downloaded and tried to open Spotify a dozen times now.

Goes through Save and Run, installs and then asks for my password. After I hit log on (I use Spotify login not Facebook) - nothing happens. I can't open it and nothing pops up. I have deleted the old downloaded app files and tried to re-download. The same thing happens every time. It was working last week!

Can anyone help? I appreciate it!

Talent Scout
George

Re: Spotify Won't Open - Windows

Is spotify.exe showing up in the task manager processes tab??

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!
Concert Regular
pushdesigns

It's not there.

This is so weird. Thanks for trying to help me!

Talent Scout
George

If it's not appearing in task manager, then it's definitely not running.

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!
Concert Regular
pushdesigns

Ok - just tried that. Still not opening.

Tried Windows:

Vista

XP (service packs 2 and 3)

sadface.

Music Lover
ckel1221

The same thing happened to me for months. I would always Google "Spotify download" and download the setup file from the Spotify website, but then I uninstalled and went to https://www.facebook.com/music

If you click on a song, it'll download the setup file, which is different from the Spotify website's file. I had to try it twice, but it worked for me!

Gig Goer
Devgre

Happening to me too, Windows 7 x86. 

It gets to the login window but then closes as soon as I click log in. I have uninstalled and re-installed multiple times and nothing changes. There is also no spotify entry in the appdata folder.

Concert Regular
pushdesigns

This worked for me! FINALLY

I did have to try a few different links in Facebook and I did have an issue logging in with just my Spotify details - it told me that my firewall was blocking it.. though it wasn't. As soon as I logged in with my Facebook details, it worked!

Thanks!

Music Fan
lacrosse16

HI my count will not open it says it unexpectedly failed and askes if I want to reload so I do and I wont let me it just keeps saying flailed. What do I do to fix it?

Peter
Kudos: 11,242
Solutions: 3,137

lacrosse16 wrote:

HI my count will not open it says it unexpectedly failed and askes if I want to reload so I do and I wont let me it just keeps saying flailed. What do I do to fix it?

Hey :) 

What operating system (and version) are you using?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.