Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert Regular
Eisscratch

Spotify closes after i launche it

Hi,

Im pretty new to this forum, so i hope im not doing something wrong. ;)

I recently discovered Spotify and i really like it. The thing now is, that after it worked perfectly for 4 days, it now crashes immediately after i launch it. Sometimes, when im fast enough, i can click a track and it will start to play for like 5 seconds and then spotify just closes without a message or warning.

Since many suggested a re-install, i did that, but unfortunately it didnt help.

So, i really appreciate any suggestions, which might help to fix this problem, since it makes it impoosible for me to listen to music.

Greetings,

Julian

Concert VIP
bluety

Re: Spotify closes after i launche it

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm having the same problem just like many others.

I've got that problem since yesterday that it crashed short after being opened without any warning.

Now it doesn't open anymore. I reinstalled it twotimes correctly, didn't work.

And in every other thread I've looked no one had an answer for that.

So I want to underline the text from that guy over me. :)

Sam

Hi guys,

Could you tell us the operating system you're using, as well as the version of Spotify you're on (if you can)?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Concert VIP
bluety

win7 x32

version 0.8.5.1356.gd1d40f3a

Festival VIP
david11

same problem here...

windows 7 64 bit

version 0.8.5.1333 ..... etc

but as i can see no one cares or can help here sadly.

Music Fan
Soltinto

Same Problem here,

Windows 7 x64

Sam

Hi guys,

Here are the first troubleshooting steps we'd suggest you try. After each one, check to see if it's helped. Hopefully you won't need to go through them all...

1) Open Spotify and go to Edit » Preferences. Scroll down and disable the "Hardware acceleration" option (if it doesn't shut down before you get here). 

2) Update all of your drivers and run Windows Update, then restart your computer. 

3) Try a clean installation of Spotify (make sure you complete all steps before trying Spotify again): 

1. Quit Spotify (File » Exit) 
2. Uninstall Spotify (Start » Settings » Control Panel » Add or Remove Programs » Spotify) 
3. Erase any installer or file related to Spotify. 
4. Check Spotify is listed in your firewall exception list 
5. Check your antivirus and Windows software are both up-to-date 
6. Restart your computer 
7. Download and install the latest version of Spotify: https://www.spotify.com/download/ 
8. Add Spotify to your firewall and antivirus exception list. 

4) Finally, if the previous steps have failed, try the following: 

1. Restart your PC. 
2. Right-click on the Spotify icon in the start up menu. 
3. Select "Properties" and under the tab "Compatibility Mode" uncheck "Run this program in compatibility mode" 
4. Start Spotify.

Let us know how you get on.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Festival VIP
david11

every step failed for me.

i tried also something else:

i tried to log into my sisters account (which is the acc with  the crash problem) on my pc. it crashes. then i log into MY account in my pc. it doesnt crash. so it has to do something with the account !?

my account is created with facebook hers with an email.

Peter
Kudos: 12,867
Solutions: 3,513

david11 wrote:

every step failed for me.

i tried also something else:

i tried to log into my sisters account (which is the acc with  the crash problem) on my pc. it crashes. then i log into MY account in my pc. it doesnt crash. so it has to do something with the account !?

my account is created with facebook hers with an email.

Is there any other difference between the accounts, are either or both of you premium/unlimited subscribers?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
Sunburst_LP

Hello everyone!

I am currently - actually since yesterday - experiencing the same issue. Every time I open Spotify (Windows 7 x64), no matter if as normal user or admin it crashes after approximately half a minute. Steps taken so far are three reinstallations of Spotify. First I only reinstalled, second I reinstalled both Spotify and Flash Player and third I made sure with CCleaner that my Registry was as pure as a newborn. Spotify is on both firewall and anti-virus exception lists and the compatibility mode fails just as well.

Announcements

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.