Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert VIP
tylerwithano

Spotify has stopped working

So, I have been using spotify premium for awhile, every single day. Yesterday I tried to open it and it wouldn't open Microsoft windows error popped up and said "Spotify has stopped working" it then continues to not respond. Over and over again it will not respond. I tried to uninstall it but it wont even uninstall, because it "stops working". I am perplexed and since I pay monthly for spotify I would like some help. Fortunately it still works on my smart phone, just not my computer. So I can make do with my spotify experience, but I would like to have the full experience by being able to have it on my computer as well. Please respond soon. 

Concert VIP
tylerwithano

Re: Spotify has stopped working

I've tried to run as admin, also tried to open in compatibility mode but they all fail because it "stops working"

Liam
Topics: 140
Kudos: 1,551
Ideas: 16
Solutions: 448
I'm a Community Rock Star

tylerwithano wrote:

So, I have been using spotify premium for awhile, every single day. Yesterday I tried to open it and it wouldn't open Microsoft windows error popped up and said "Spotify has stopped working" it then continues to not respond. Over and over again it will not respond. I tried to uninstall it but it wont even uninstall, because it "stops working". I am perplexed and since I pay monthly for spotify I would like some help. Fortunately it still works on my smart phone, just not my computer. So I can make do with my spotify experience, but I would like to have the full experience by being able to have it on my computer as well. Please respond soon. 

What version of windows are you using, also have you tried uninstalling it from the control panel?

Concert VIP
tylerwithano

I am running windows vista home, and yes I tried to uninstall it from the control panel but the error message just popped up again and wouldn't begin the uninstall

Liam

tylerwithano wrote:

I am running windows vista home, and yes I tried to uninstall it from the control panel but the error message just popped up again and wouldn't begin the uninstall

Please could you try a manual uninstall by deleting all Spotify files, and then try reinstalling?

Liam

Concert VIP
tylerwithano

That got me a little bit further....=/ But now after the installer loaded and begain the install it said " Spotify could not be started" (error code:17)

Liam

tylerwithano wrote:

That got me a little bit further....=/ But now after the installer loaded and begain the install it said " Spotify could not be started" (error code:17)

Just asking what error 17 is :P

Did you run the installer with admin permissions?

Liam

Peter
Kudos: 12,390
Solutions: 3,401

Does using the full installer package help at all?: http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Concert VIP
tylerwithano

LiamW wrote:

tylerwithano wrote:

Liam

It wont let me another error message comes up and says "please install spotify using a normal account instead of an administer account" that is crazy ive never not been able to run as admin if i choose to before 0.o?????????

Peter
Kudos: 12,390
Solutions: 3,401

tylerwithano wrote:

LiamW wrote:

tylerwithano wrote:

Liam

It wont let me another error message comes up and says "please install spotify using a normal account instead of an administer account" that is crazy ive never not been able to run as admin if i choose to before 0.o?????????

Did you upgrade to Windows Vista from Windows XP? (Seems off-topic but I think this might be a windows upgrade permissions issue). 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.