Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gig Goer
tone-fu

Spotify just won't work!

For the last couple of weeks my Spotify (desktop) just won't work!

I open the app, get the login sound, then I just get the eggtimers while it tries to load the live stuff and nothing appears, same goes for all my sidebars. Searching is equally as frigged too. I type in a search string and last count it took 4 minutes to produce a result.

I wouldn't mind, but I'm a premium subscriber - I pay money for this service and it's about as much use as an arrow through the neck in its current state.

I'm on Win 7 x64, version 0.8.3.222.g317ab79d, 60+Mb/s cable net connection. So far I've tried unsinstalling, cleaning, re-installing - doesn't work. I've tried going through settings, altering things, nothing.

Help?

Community Legend
licenced

Re: Spotify just won't work!

You wouldn't happen to be a Virgin customer in the UK would you - plenty of people complaining here about their connection to Spotify
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Gig Goer
tone-fu

I am, yeah.

Has there been any comment on why Virgin are having problems?

Community Legend
licenced

Nothing official that I've seen. Speculation on them throttling P2P usage, which is the way in which Spotify distributes its content. Virgin and Spotify are 'in talks'
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.