Music Fan
ACatGoesMeow
Accepted Solution

Spotify keeps closing itself and quitting randomly.

About 1/3 of the times I try and open spotify, it will open, but then quit itself.  I then have to try a few times before I can get it to open and stay open.  

Music Lover
Brndn

Re: Spotify keeps closing itself and quitting randomly.

I am also having this problem. It just started a couple of days ago while I was browsing through the "What's New" section. I go through the process now about 4 or 5 times before it actually work.

Music Lover
ch1ris23

[ Edited ]

lol..im also having the same problem so i decided to uninstall  it and install it again and i found out that spotify takes up 7.84GB on my computer..  anyways it worked..just uninstall and reinstall it :)  LOl..its funny this is happening  to Mac users at almost the same time
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xq0r0bt2qf5naq4/oh%20wow.png

Gig Goer
thatskiff

ch1ris23 wrote:

" and i found out that spotify takes up 7.84GB on my computer..  "

A big chunk of that 7.48GB will be the offline cache of music you've listened too. The program is less than 100mb.

Under Edit > Preferences > Cache you can limit how much space Spotify uses if it's an issue.

Music Fan
nasht

Same issue here. Latest update causes Spotify Premium to freeze up at launch and then intermintently crashing. Problem is happening on multiple machines. (Macbook Air and Macbook Pro)

Looks like its something to do with local library scanning...

Gig Goer
Boj61

I am having a problem with version 0.9.1.57, I try to open it and it closes its self again? It was working fine not 5 minutes ago, then it closed its self to do an update I believe and now it will not open again?

This is my first problem in 3 years.

Peter
Kudos: 11,170
Solutions: 3,119

Hey @Boj61 :)

Can you try a quick clean reinstallation of the client and see if that makes any difference? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
assuser

Same here, it's mostly when im browsing in artists section, i want to add a song and then it crashes.

Joe

Hi. Spotify closing after adding/removing playlist tracks is a recent issue being discussed in this thread. Maybe post details there and keep an eye on it for updates.

assuser wrote:

Same here, it's mostly when im browsing in artists section, i want to add a song and then it crashes.

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Music Lover
KSutton

[ Edited ]

This started to happen to me last night.  The thing is, I don't think it has anything to do with a slow or laggy computer. It doesn't "crash"- or at least it doesn't give you the message that it crashed- it just quits without warning. 

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.